mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 03-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Not a Furry

Send a message via AIM to Clearush

No it was not renewed.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #22 (permalink)

Alright, I will post this here first.

My 68/45 is stuck on my ASA. I am very careful to make sure I do not cross thread it, nor do I crank it. Line up it, make sure its very snug. I disengaged the air to the marker, but for the life of me I can not undo the bottle by hand.

I took off the bottle cover so I can get a better grip, when I started to put some real effort into I noticed that it started to move. However, since I was paying real close atttention (3k Psi in tank) I noticed it didnt begin to unscrew from the asa, but rather the carbon fibre part started to twist in the metal piece that screws into the ASA. Obviously I stopped and realigned the tank back into its orginal position.

Now the question is, how do I proceed from here? I am thinking of draining the tank, and then taking a pipe wrench to it. (I will use padding as not to marr the metal part).

Anyone got better ideas?
Toad Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Toad
I have a similar problem with my tank. Sometimes my bonnet starts to unscrew from my tank during degassing instead of coming out the the asa. What I do is I got two hew screw driver bits that fit the set screws in the bonnet. I get someone to hold my marker while it twist the tank out of my asa made easier by the extra leverage from the bits
98ssuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
Alright, I will post this here first.

My 68/45 is stuck on my ASA. I am very careful to make sure I do not cross thread it, nor do I crank it. Line up it, make sure its very snug. I disengaged the air to the marker, but for the life of me I can not undo the bottle by hand.

I took off the bottle cover so I can get a better grip, when I started to put some real effort into I noticed that it started to move. However, since I was paying real close atttention (3k Psi in tank) I noticed it didnt begin to unscrew from the asa, but rather the carbon fibre part started to twist in the metal piece that screws into the ASA. Obviously I stopped and realigned the tank back into its orginal position.

Now the question is, how do I proceed from here? I am thinking of draining the tank, and then taking a pipe wrench to it. (I will use padding as not to marr the metal part).

Anyone got better ideas?

as in the tank started to unscrew from the tank regulator?

how did you screw the tank back onto the reg, there is 3k psi pusing aginst you…?
TF

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Feedback
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:49 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
as in the tank started to unscrew from the tank regulator?

how did you screw the tank back onto the reg, there is 3k psi pusing aginst you…?
Sorry, not up on the correct terms of HPA parts. Though 98suck seems to know what I am talking about and has a good idea. I think I will try that.

I will try to describe it better, If you take your HPA tank and look at you will see the top part with the threads that you put into your ASA. It should be a metal peice and the carbon fibre of the tank goes into it. When I am trying to unscrew it from the ASA the metal piece stays siezed to the ASA but the carbon fibre is moving in the metal piece.

Hope that helps.
Toad Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:22 PM   #26 (permalink)
The Attractive Fireman

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Happened with me tank, as well. Just tighten those two screws and unscrew it from the ASA.
TippmannFireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:01 PM   #27 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Question Re Hydro needed Los Angeles

Anybody know of any places in Los Angeles where you can get a re hydro for your HPA tank? I'm looking to do it locally. Thanks.
firesauce31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:34 AM   #28 (permalink)

tiberius t8.1 leaking C02

so when i put in my Co2 canister into the mag it dosent leak but when i put it into the gun it starts leaking all the Co2 do u know whats going on with it
nick watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:05 PM   #29 (permalink)

tiberius t8.1 pistol leaking C02

sp the gun was working perfectly but then when i put the Co2 in the ggun it starts leaking all of the Co2.
nick watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #30 (permalink)
Snake

Brass N Wood Fan
some one was trying to tell me that my 13cui hpa tanks dosent need to be rehydroed ,is this right
SASBRANDO is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts