mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 03-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgar View Post
Very Important!! The cost of shipping to Canada is NOT A HUGE AMOUNT MORE!
- A little bit more, yes, and we Canucks are willing to deal with that.
It is usually at least double. That is without insurance/tracking.
Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mann View Post
It is usually at least double. That is without insurance/tracking.
Really? from all the prices on the boxes I get I don't think so...

Flat rate boxes...I wish we had those here in Canada.
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:28 AM   #13 (permalink)

Whenever im looking to buy something EVERYONE is always under the impression that it costs way more to ship to Canada.

1) shipping in the way you have to ship when going US to US (min. priority) does cost more if sent to Canada, but not that much more.

2) However, when shipping to Canada you have the option of shipping First-Class International. Most don't know this because First-class domestic is only for very very small packages. But, with INTERNATIONAL first-class shipping you can send just about anything, and most of the time it comes out CHEAPER than it does to ship within the USA. I get EVERYTHING i buy shipped first-class international.

for example i got a brand new Ninja 68/4500 shipped to Manitoba from Florida.. cost him $14 to ship to me. Cant beat that !

it would cost you just as much to ship it within the US using the cheapest method available (priority)
lazydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Nice write up. Don't forget though if you get stuck with UPS/Fedex you can clear the package yourself and save the brokerage fees. That said, USPS is the best for all concerned.
Rifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydan View Post
for example i got a brand new Ninja 68/4500 shipped to Manitoba from Florida.. cost him $14 to ship to me. Cant beat that !

it would cost you just as much to ship it within the US using the cheapest method available (priority)
It would cost you 9.37 to ship that from the east coast to the west coast via priority.

The downside is that you cannot track first class to Canada so there is no Paypal protection for the seller. To send the package priority would cost 24.00
Old 03-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:

Very Important!! The cost of shipping to Canada is NOT A HUGE AMOUNT MORE!
- A little bit more, yes, and we Canucks are willing to deal with that.

Thanks from all us Canucks!!
Thanks for your contribution Mann...If you, yourself, are not comfortable shipping to Canada then don't but please don't try to make it any harder than it already is for those of us in the Great White North.

Thanks.
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Thanks for your contribution Mann...If you, yourself, are not comfortable shipping to Canada then don't but please don't try to make it any harder than it already is for those of us in the Great White North.

Thanks.
I have no problem shipping to Canada. I buy and sell to people all around the world. I just don't want people to underestimate what something cost, and end up getting burned.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mann View Post
It would cost you 9.37 to ship that from the east coast to the west coast via priority.

The downside is that you cannot track first class to Canada so there is no Paypal protection for the seller. To send the package priority would cost 24.00

actually you CAN get tracking with first class-international, and i believe it is only a few $ more, you can also get extra insurance. can't beat that.

the other thing is, even if you dont pay for extra tracking, you CAN still track the packages.

on your shipping invoice/receipt there is a number on the top right, its about 7 digits. This number does serve as a tracking number, the only thing is it is not updated daily like the "paid tracking", and can sometimes be almost a week behind and is also not detailed, but thats all i personally need.

.... so not sure where you got your info.
lazydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #19 (permalink)
Man in Tights

One time I got dinged for ordering in a used/discontinued cymbal from the states -_- (USPS/Canada Post)

Wasn't too much, but it was labelled as USED so I was a bit miffed when I couldn't get my money back from the government.
cdrinkh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydan View Post
actually you CAN get tracking with first class-international, and i believe it is only a few $ more, you can also get extra insurance. can't beat that.

the other thing is, even if you dont pay for extra tracking, you CAN still track the packages.

on your shipping invoice/receipt there is a number on the top right, its about 7 digits. This number does serve as a tracking number, the only thing is it is not updated daily like the "paid tracking", and can sometimes be almost a week behind and is also not detailed, but thats all i personally need.

.... so not sure where you got your info.
You can ship 1st class INT if the package weighs under I believe it's 4lbs. Any more than that and it bumps up to Priority mail INT. As for tracking, your customs number is your tracking, and that's not even really tracking. It will not show the item delivered to the person outside the US, but only show it shipped. Many people do not ship outside the US on ebay, etc for this very reason. No seller protection. Sure it shows it shipped, but it doesn't show it as delivered.

I would love to know where this 7 digit number is that you're talking about? Smallest one I'm seeing is 9 digit. If you can snap a photo to show what you're talking about that would be great.

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=4751&f=855201 < Radio Ad
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts