mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 05-20-2008, 12:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Sorry, I meant the squeegee port. You just double up a rubber band in an x-shape and it keeps the paint inline with the bolt instead of coming partway out. The antichop sleeve is a more permanent modification to the chamber, making it bore drop instead of breech drop.

As for those random 68 special parts, I just put up a WTB ad for a mangled forward reciever half for a qloader mod. You have any with broken feednecks?

Last edited by russc; 05-20-2008 at 12:18 AM.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

that's so funny to see a 68 special with a Vlocity. its like seeing a Hurricane with an Eblade.
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
Official DSG Fanboy

Even short bursts of full auto must create some pretty clouds. Mine creates a light frost on the bolt in cold morning games after shooting 15-20 in rapid succesion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsr View Post
"So there I was, sitting at the keyboard one handed, and I said to myself, 'that really looks like you're wife'..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Thing's lucky it scampered off because I would have skulled it to death if I'd managed to get my hands on it.
Moosepatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Actually..how are you getting that to cycle with the gas-through stock? Are you still getting enough liquid in the valve to cycle, or have you done some other mods?

I always thought it would be interesting to take the valve apart and put in a nice light spring, and do some "ULE" on the rear bolt to try and get one of these old Tippy's to cycle well on HPA, or at least regulated CO2.
Mayvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Mayvik-
Back in the day, I was able to run my 68-Special on a remote, with a siphon.

The first 10-15 shots had low FPS, but once the liquid gets into the valve, its all gravy after that, and it ran pretty well.

A few have talked about ways to upgrade the Tippmann valve to run HPA. The problem is not springs, or hammer weight, but the valve volume. With liquid guns, the valve volume is made as small as possible to improve liquid effeciency. With HPA, the valve acts as a wicked bottleneck, and it won't flow fast enough to push a paintball out at 300fps.

A solution would be to drill into the side of the valve, through the body, and add an LPC. Enough slack so the valve can still float freely. Thats alot of work though, for no actual benefit beyond conveniance

EDIT- Also, I think Azzy talked about using an HPA tank, modified to output at 1400psi? or higher? Not sure how that worked out though. Seems to me that after a certain point, the pressure is going to hold the cupseal closed, and you may never get the FPS you want with that method

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
And when a siphon kit costs...$5...too much work!
Mayvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

The reason for the gas through is that I can just turn the co2 tank upside down in the pack.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

I remember seeing a drawing of an anti-chop sleeve some time back but didn't get enough answers about them. Do I just make it from some thin brass sheeting? Do I need to mill room for it inside the reciever or will the bolt clear it if the material is thin enough? Does someone have a spare sleeve they want to sell with information on how to mount it?
...so many questions, so few answers.

Dan, I'll try to check my special tonight and see what size bolt you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a nicer group of people on the internet(even if our opinions all suck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalsilence View Post
I've dealt with canadians several times and I usually undercharge by 2-5 dollars cause I feel bad for them sometimes. Just my 2cents.

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...k-big-jim.html
big jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by big jim View Post
Do I just make it from some thin brass sheeting? Do I need to mill room for it inside the reciever or will the bolt clear it if the material is thin enough?
I had one that I installed in a special. Basically a short peice of brass tubing that slides into the breech. It had a hole on one side for the feedport,a slot for the detent, and a slot on the other for the bolt pin. It slips right in the breach, the only problem was the bolt was too fat to fit inside of it. I sanded down the bolt diameter, and that worked, however, I sold it to Rap4paintball and he said the bolt snapped soon after. I never did figure out if the antichop was supposed to come with a different bolt, or if the stock bolt was supposed to be modified...

Anyway, pm Rap4paintball here. I believe he still has the antichop sleeve from the special I sold him, maybe he can give you dimensions or pics.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:28 PM   #20 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Of course, you can do what some 98c modders do to get rid of the cocking slot: Tape up the inside of the breech, and jbweld the port shut.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts