mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 04-23-2012, 11:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to BrokenBuyer

Info Phantom VSC w. Duckslide + Appraisal Help

Recently acquired this. I remember Duckslides running anywhere from $250 to $500 1-3 years ago.

Can you guys help answer some few questions + anything else you might deem useful?

FeedBack Ask for PbN one

BrokenBuyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Sure, what questions do you have? We can help here and we also have a CCI specific forum section under "The Armory" area. Just let us know what you are looking for.. just an appraisal?
Old 04-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

the duckslide with the one piece feed retails for something like 329.99 or something currently?

the phantom VSC lower pricing varies kind of wildly - depends on what you got it for or how its setup yours has the rear gauge setup so slightly more so than without but /shrug

with VSC be a bit careful about the slide hitting the hard line - it can ding a bit (mine did lol)

otherwise - what do you really want to know about it?

my mcb feedback
Stitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93civiccpe View Post
Sure, what questions do you have? We can help here and we also have a CCI specific forum section under "The Armory" area. Just let us know what you are looking for.. just an appraisal?
Forgot about that. Haha
Yeah, an appraisal would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
the duckslide with the one piece feed retails for something like 329.99 or something currently?

the phantom VSC lower pricing varies kind of wildly - depends on what you got it for or how its setup yours has the rear gauge setup so slightly more so than without but /shrug

with VSC be a bit careful about the slide hitting the hard line - it can ding a bit (mine did lol)

otherwise - what do you really want to know about it?
Alright. So maybe $500 for the entire gun?

With the slide hitting hard line, a bit too late for that. Looks like the previous owner did that and now there are some nice thread lines on the slide :P Not too bad, but definitely still there.

What are some general things I should know?
1. How does Duckslide compare to the stock pump?
2. The previous owner gave me the stock pump handle and the feed tube, but nothing else. Is everything else already on the gun to convert back to stock?
3. General maintenance? Where to lube, what orings need changing most often?

Also don't have a pump pack for 10 round tubes, where would you guys hold it on the field then? I was thinking to stick a few into the strap on my mask :P

FeedBack Ask for PbN one

Old 04-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

1) it has a very different look, if you setup the pump properly functionality it has a bit of side to side slop to prevent excessive wear.

2) could get a spare rod and return spring so you dont have to move it from one to the other but yea thats all you are really changing currently

3) same maintenance as a standard phantom tho I recommend getting used to adjusting the rod setup if you tear it down a lot

Wrist co2/tube holders are popular - WTF just made a new gauntlet and the tried and true Ronin Gear 5 tube/co2 holders are relatively cheap. There are a TON of options for holding tubes and 12 grams - PBMafia made a fantastic rig for it but he is not available at the moment - tho I would watch his site as the products there at MCcannUSA are amazing. WTF has products in a similar vein and while I do not have any YET I may at some point - their reviews are also pretty darn spiffy.

check out the review section you will find stuff on the duckslide and on stock class soft goods galore.

my mcb feedback
Old 04-24-2012, 11:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Is there anyway to stop the slide from hitting the hardline?

1. Besides the different look and the side to side, anything else? Does it feel better or anything?
2. What's standard maintenance? (first Phantom)

Thanks for your help! I had a Joyride pack that I got in a trade I sold awhile back, while I had it now... I'll prob go with a wrist one.

Thanks!

FeedBack Ask for PbN one

Old 04-25-2012, 11:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

If you don't mind me asking,how much did you pay for this thing?
CustomCockers
eBay
MTGS
Robbie_Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

I like the feel of a duckslide setup - but then its a loaded question for me because I play with so many different markers its rather silly =)

Routine maintenance items to have on hand
Pin Seal for 12g changer
Cup Seal for Power Tube assembly
Spare thumb screws
Spare screws in general

To avoid the sideline you can adjust the pump rod out a bit BUT you should also think about trying a rear dropout setup instead of VSC - works really well with this design and is very streamlined with NO chance of dinging up the slide itself.

I also recommend the new o-ring modded TPC - changed out mine and it has been stable and set.

8 inch barrel seems ideal compromise between length from end of slide and efficiency - got a nifty one on mine atm will try to remember to put a pic up later. Freak Bored is nice mod to have.

/salute

my mcb feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts