mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 08-08-2007, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hello, new to forum, just a quick question!

im new here, but not new the sport. i have a few guns, (icon x, wichester, and the all mighty stingray...) my question or i should say questions are this. is there or does anyone know of any types of mods i can do to either my winchester gun or my stingrayII to improve there performance. i have a longer ported barrel on my srII but thats it, acutally i do enjoy using that gun the most. makes a good sniper rifle, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thank you..

puppet.....
puppetmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
Buy a regulator.

A paintball gun is accurate because it is consistent. If your gun is consistent, you can put the paint in the same place time and time again. One of the best add-ons that you can use to increase your level of consistency and by extension your accuracy is by adding on a regulator. The regulator works to put the exact same level of pressure into the system each time. If your gun is cycling with the exact same pressure each time, it helps to cut down on a lot of little issues that are magnified by fluxuating pressure.

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Or if the setup you're using relies on high pressure then switch to a small HPA bottle.

Be warned that there's some older guns that rely on the mass density of the CO2 to properley get the ball up to speed.
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
In all honesty, don't put that much money into a marker like that. Save up your money and buy a quality marker that can use for a long time.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I dissagree, it's better to learn about modding on a cheaper gun, then to end up experimenting on an expensive one. I still have nightmares about the kid who decided to remove the "paint" from his Dynasty Shocker...with a bench grinder.

Anywho, don't know much about the winchester, but I know a ton about the Stingray. Here's a few I've modded (some pictures quite a bit old)...

A good trigger job really helps a lot, and combined with a double trigger mod you can actually get a decent rate of fire going.

For the trigger job (which costs all of maybe a buck or two to do if you have the right tools laying around), follow the instuctions here...
Quake's Ultimate Trigger Job

As for the double trigger, I've cobbled them together from random stuff, but the latest use double trigger shoes for a Model98. They haven't made them in a while, so you'll have to watch ebay.

Nunquam emere potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
I dissagree, it's better to learn about modding on a cheaper gun, then to end up experimenting on an expensive one. I still have nightmares about the kid who decided to remove the "paint" from his Dynasty Shocker...with a bench grinder.

Anywho, don't know much about the winchester, but I know a ton about the Stingray. Here's a few I've modded (some pictures quite a bit old)...
http://members.aol.com/fubarius/myray1.jpg
http://members.aol.com/fubarius/m16.jpg
http://www.sting.beog.org/dj/djray2.jpg

A good trigger job really helps a lot, and combined with a double trigger mod you can actually get a decent rate of fire going.

For the trigger job (which costs all of maybe a buck or two to do if you have the right tools laying around), follow the instuctions here...
Quake's Ultimate Trigger Job

As for the double trigger, I've cobbled them together from random stuff, but the latest use double trigger shoes for a Model98. They haven't made them in a while, so you'll have to watch ebay.

awsome, nice guns..do you happen to have any pics of the progress you have done during your mods. if not thats cool anyway.. nice work. i think im gonna do some mods to my gun this weekend, the trigger mod looks good as well, how well do it perform? how about a mod for the rear cocking i've seen, how do you do that?
thanks for the help everyone.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
You'll find a boatload of Stingray info and modding tips at Stingray Toters INternet Group . It's a great resource for the 'Ray player.

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

thanks again, for all your help. much appreciated..
Old 08-09-2007, 04:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Run that stingray on a siphon. Its one of the few cheap guns that were designed to handle it.

I had one for around 10 years, and it was a very reliable backup. Always worked. Never complained, though the trigger on those guns were about as sloppy as possible. Probobly done on purpose to prevent them from being fired by accident. You can correct that with careful placement of spacers, and such.

Vert mods are also pretty easy. They can be done by salavaging the rear donkey, and hooking to the forward trigger guard like this:

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:33 AM   #10 (permalink)

thanks for that link to "sting" awsome place with awsome mods. started some of them yesterday.
don't be mistaken. all though i love using my sting because of the accuracy i also use my icon x for most of my play.. but the sting is still fun to use and is still my most favorite gun.. but thanks again, for all the help..

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts