mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 07-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

45 framed typhoon

Well wife is wanting to sell her typhoon since we no longer play and looking on pps website it looks like its about 1300 to build another one like it. We have listed it in the past at 700 but are wondering what the actual value would be for it since we are ready to sell it.

I know that its left feed, has 45 frame with blade trigger, has qevs, single port barrel, sight hood, wedgits but not sure on the rest.

therealjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I can't swear to this, and I may very well be wrong altogether, but quite a bit less than you may think.

Just a quick glance through the BST here, where this is a better chance of it selling than elsewhere, I got these threads (Went back around a month or so, 14 pages)
Palmer Typhoon-Black w/ pump kit (No price listed, but I imagine that you could contact the OP about info)
Typhoon P1743 $200shipped needs rebuild ($200, but needs a new cup seal)
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...phooncane.html (Hurricane based off of a Typhoon for $560 shipped)
And just for good measure one of about three or four Blazer threads that I saw:
Palmers - Blazer ($280 shipped)

I would imagine that the 45 frame and QEV's would add a bit, but probably around $50 to the price? So say around $300 or so?
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I know the market is down and not trying to bash you but I don't believe that is the right ballpark... especially after you based it on a $200 phoon that needs rebuilt and is as bone stock as they come. This one has been well taken care of since built, it has not been whored around. My father in law Rambopreacher had it built and gave it to my wife RPK for her 16th birthday 12yrs ago.

Plus ALL upgrades and maintenance have been done at PPS and documented
here is a link to build one almost like it but not quite from pps
The Shopping Cart : Palmers Pursuit Shop, Where Custom Still Means Something
just hard to fathom a PPS custom going for less than 1/4 of what one costs to build.

Last edited by therealjt; 07-02-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
You mention that you listed it for $700 in the past. Obviously, it didn't sell. I hate to say it, as I love Palmers stuff (My wife shoots a Blazer, I have a Squall and an older Typhoon, and I had a Blazer, but sold it for around $150 or so), but when I see anything Palmers sell for good money, it is things like Nasty whatevers and Hurricanes and Painters. Occasionally, you can find Pugs, and Squalls.

But I went and looked a bit more. Here you go:
PPS Palmers Stroker - Just Rebuilt (I just missed out on buying this before this MCBer got it)
Palmers DF Painter [better pictures up]
FS: Palmers Nasty Painter (double barrel)
FS/FT: Palmers NASTY Painter!
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/r...ty-pgp-fs.html
FS/FT: Palmers NASTY Painter!
K Framed Pug with Custom Leather Holster by Butch
Palmer Typhoon $250
Pirate Nasty Painter
PPS Nasty Typhoon #PD16
PPS Convertible Typhoon CF/SF + Pump Kit FS
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/r...-3-12-12*.html
pps stroker, micro squall, bottom line or 12g c02
Old 07-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I am going to reiterate that I am not trying bash or argue and appreciate your looking around

I've had and sold nasty's o/u and side by side even a 45 framed nasty, I have had several blazers I have sold also. However none of them were single owner and all upgrades my hope was to try and sell for around 500 as it is one of the more custom typhoons I have seen.

Yes I tried to sell for 700 which was about 2 years ago in a horrible economy, I was hoping to see what another 45 framed phoon went for or is selling for to more base my price off of but I haven't seen one. To have a phoon built with one it is a $300 upgrade, you can buy the 45 from Palmers for around 100 and install it yourself but this was a palmers install.

I'm not trying to sell for retail just pretty sure its worth more than a plain jane typhoon that is usually seen.

edit** i did find another 45 framed phoon- the tayzer but cant find what it sold for exactly

Last edited by therealjt; 07-02-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Well, the fact that it is a single owner might add. Might not. But I think, just based upon what I have seen, only on here, that my price is probably a bit realistic. I might be low. I was just thinking so myself, but the economy isn't that great now, compared to what it was 2 years ago.

And unless I am missing something, brand new, it comes to $1198 (Standard vertical bottle, double spiral vent barrel, male stab, and 45 with blade trigger). So it is closer to 1/4 what you could get them for now. Not sure what Palmers charged for this back in the day.

And I can't see what makes you say the others are plain jane compared to this one. Swap the 45 frame for a standard one, and it looks like them.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
A fancy 2K BZ that cost $883 new sold for a little below $400 about 2 months ago. Really nice anno + it was VF.

It use to be that black/stock/VF 2K BZs sold for $500+ used with Stab and ported barrel, now it is much lower.

You might have more luck on ebay.

$300 seams really low, but IMHO, $700 was about 2-3 years ago. You may be able to get $400-$450.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

plain jane might have been wrong choice of words but out of the typhoons listed only the converable had qev's and a stabe. I know they aren't huge upgrades but none the less they are professionally upgraded on this one.

Pricing custom pieces is a booger, i have sold quite a bit including the first 45 framed nasty. But when it comes to custom it is very hard to figure an actual price. Was hoping for some more people to chime in to get a little more input. And if it ends up it is only worth 300 then it is and it will stay here.

edit* my math was off on the 1/4 price but yes the 1198 is was i come up with on pps also
Old 07-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
400 to 500 is about right based on what they've been going for. I bought a black powder coated nasty with a 45 for 800 earlier this year...

The market is down on them for sure. Sorry.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

And just looked was wrong no wedgits

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts