mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 09-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Paintball is my Obsession

Female Stabilizer Mounting

Aside from the palmers ring mount or block mount specifically for the female stabilizers, what other mounts can be used? Can they be mounted in an Empire Gladiator or KAPP Drop Zone cradle? Has anyone tried this?
Old 09-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

anything that has a 1" id (as the female stab has a 1" od). I've had luck with kapp craddles for AA raptors and some centerflag adjustable tank regs (bacci has a lot of these for cheap and they work really well, they're very adjust as to position of the tank/reg (i.e. right or left side) and come in a short and longer version depending on how much of a drop you want). but like I said, anything with a 1" id and set screw to keep it in place.

you might have to fiddle with its position to get the output fitting/hose and/or gauge to fit, but I've never had a problem with that
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

I asked about those drops specifically because I have a few of them. Yes, I LOVE big drops, lol. But I want to use a SP Gadget Grip with the custom cocker I am building, so I want to pick up a female stab.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

When I'm using a big tank (I consider anything 68ci or + big) I do too! Well, at least when using my old minimag. Yea, the ring on those big KAPP drop zones are perfect for a female stab. If you already have one you're good, but of course, bacci has a bunch on the cheap:

Kapp drop zone, used good shape
Kapp drop zone V3 in green without asa, new in box
Old 09-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ya, I hate the new style tank setups without drops or little ones. The big drops are great. It makes for a very tight, but tall package. By one tank is an 88/4500. Only because crossfire did not sell a 114, lol.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

I have both the female stab and KAPP drop laying around, thanks for bringing this to my attention!
Old 09-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Glad to hear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghp8ntballer View Post
Ya, I hate the new style tank setups without drops or little ones. The big drops are great. It makes for a very tight, but tall package. By one tank is an 88/4500. Only because crossfire did not sell a 114, lol.
yea, my first hpa tank long long ago was Crossfire bumble bee 50/3000 steal tank. loved that little bugger. I too ended up looking for a monster 114ci, and ended up finding an ACI reg's 114/3000psi contraption. switched out the reg to an adjustable centerflag 3000 and was good to go! with the large kapp drop zone the 114ci tank sit perfectly
Old 09-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mill Masseuse

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I use the cage from one of these:

Check It UniMount On/Off ASA with Bleed - Dust Black Cage/Polished Black Core

I is just slightly oversize. I put thin pieces of copper shim stock on the top part to prevent the setscrews from scratching the stab.

WTB: RT (Robtown) Valve/hammer kit for 04 Excalibur

WTB: Racegun autocockers
diesel_fireman2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Kahnif! Since you have them both just laying around... PLEASE TRY THIS!!! Let us know if it fits properly, loose, or tight.

Very nice diesel. I would not of thought of that either. Also what body cocker is that or is it custom? What color is that? Peach?
Old 09-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

^it will work without a doubt, it will fit pretty much perfectly, won't be loose and will be tight as a normal kapp asa in the kapp drop zone ring. no question there (only hypothetical issue might be the placement and/or size of any gauge or other fitting you're using, but again this has never been an issue for me)

diesel_fireman2001 very cool! I always speculated one could use the checkit cage for 1" od stuff like a female stab, but it's good to know that there is, unlike the drop zone ring, a little slack

EDIT: after a bit of research, I've become confused. there seems to be a stubby model of the drop zone with a yoke that has an id of 1.9"... yet my I am assuming older (the largest of them) drop zone model has an id of 1".

when you get a chance, would you measure the id of your drop zone's ring for us Kahnif? all I really want to know if it's 1" or bigger. seems like the models with >1" id's need ring inserts or something to use 1" sized asa adapters... sorry for the mix up guys. even if it's >1" though, it would be pretty easy to fix with a homemade spacers

Last edited by toymachine; 09-30-2012 at 04:16 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts