mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 11-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

Get to know exactly what Badlands sells and what they don't. Know their catalog inside and out. Also look at what companies your specific store has in stock most of the time. For instance the Badlands here will carry Planet Eclipse and Dangerous Power pretty much as their entire speedball section. Anything else seems to be special order. For woods, it's Tiberius and Tippmann.

Ryan Dupras
-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
nofxkid2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
One shot one kill

Didnt get the job, they needed someone who could drive to the other sites (few towns over) my dreams are very hurt

My sale threads:
Misc items
Voidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidz View Post
Didnt get the job, they needed someone who could drive to the other sites (few towns over) my dreams are very hurt
so learn to drive and then try again... i don't see the big deal, they didn't say you as a person is not suited for the jobs of this industry.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
One shot one kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
so learn to drive and then try again... i don't see the big deal, they didn't say you as a person is not suited for the jobs of this industry.
Thats true but i have my licence and no car, I need a job to afford a car. so i cant just try again any time soon!

My sale threads:
Misc items
Old 11-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
1 Find a different job
2 get money for car
3 buy car
4 go back to paintball shop and apply again
5 Profit
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
One shot one kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
1 Find a different job
2 get money for car
3 buy car
4 go back to paintball shop and apply again
5 Profit
im on it atm xD

My sale threads:
Misc items
Old 11-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
Mill Masseuse

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I know your disapointed you didn't get the job, but look at it as a good thing. Getting a job/carrer in your hobby, can cause you to loose the enjoyment and passion that you get out of the hobby. It almost happened to me. I managed a paintball store and field for several years. I played very little while I was working, and even less after I moved into a different job. It caused me to hate speedball, which I was actively playing. While I got back into woodball/scenario, it took me several years to actually want to play again.

You would most likely be working weekends as that is when people play paintball and shop for guns and gear. I don't know what kind of paintball you play or your age, but if you play speedball, most tournaments are on weekends. I am not saying don't get a job working at a paintball shop. Just be aware that playing paintball, and working in paintball are totally different. Just because you enjoy one, doesn't mean you will like doing the other.

My grandfather used to tell me that if you like working on your own car don't be a mechanic as your not going to want to come home after work and work on your own car after working on them all day.

WTB: RT (Robtown) Valve/hammer kit for 04 Excalibur

WTB: Racegun autocockers

Last edited by diesel_fireman2001; 11-02-2012 at 07:08 PM.
diesel_fireman2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
One shot one kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_fireman2001 View Post
I know your disapointed you didn't get the job, but look at it as a good thing. Getting a job/carrer in your hobby, can cause you to loose the enjoyment and passion that you get out of the hobby. It almost happened to me. I managed a paintball store and field for several years. I played very little while I was working, and even less after I moved into a different job. It caused me to hate speedball. While I got back into woodball/scenario, it took me several years to actually want to play again.

You would most likely be working weekends as that is when people play paintball and shop for guns and gear. I don't know what kind of paintball you play or your age, but if you play speedball, most tournaments are on weekends. I am not saying don't get a job working at a paintball shop. Just be aware that playing paintball, and working in paintball are totally different.

My grandfather used to tell me that if you like working on your own car don't be a mechanic as your not going to want to come home after work and work on your own car after working on them all day.
I think this was the best advise ive gotten today. thanks man! im not longer upset aha

My sale threads:
Misc items
Old 11-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_fireman2001 View Post
I know your disapointed you didn't get the job, but look at it as a good thing. Getting a job/carrer in your hobby, can cause you to loose the enjoyment and passion that you get out of the hobby. It almost happened to me. I managed a paintball store and field for several years. I played very little while I was working, and even less after I moved into a different job. It caused me to hate speedball, which I was actively playing. While I got back into woodball/scenario, it took me several years to actually want to play again.

You would most likely be working weekends as that is when people play paintball and shop for guns and gear. I don't know what kind of paintball you play or your age, but if you play speedball, most tournaments are on weekends. I am not saying don't get a job working at a paintball shop. Just be aware that playing paintball, and working in paintball are totally different. Just because you enjoy one, doesn't mean you will like doing the other.

Lots of good advice here for you that can be used to get any sort of job. The main thing is that you need a job to enjoy the things you like in life. Start somewhere and be flexible. You will be fine.
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

On the other hand a common quote is " do what you enjoy for a career and you won't work a day in your life." Hasn't exactly worked out for me, as I have enjoyed what I do and it can still become a grind from time to time. but at least I don't hate going to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a nicer group of people on the internet(even if our opinions all suck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalsilence View Post
I've dealt with canadians several times and I usually undercharge by 2-5 dollars cause I feel bad for them sometimes. Just my 2cents.

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...k-big-jim.html
big jim is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts