mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 12-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Looking for Ego/Etek clamping feed neck...

I'm kind of surprised this is even a problem... I'm looking for a clamping feed neck for an older Ego or Etek 1 or 2. That is, clamping with a lever, not one you have to use an allen key to tighten.

Now, the tricky part- it needs to be reasonably good looking. The only suppliers I can find that even used to carry 'necks to fit, are all out of stock. The only ones that are in stock, are either ANS with the CP neck- which is, in my opinion, ugly with the big exposed holes- or the TechT, which is almost as bad. (It's too blocky to fit well with the swoopy lines of the gun.)

What happened? There used to be a dozen styles out there, now they're all gone. What ever happened to the incredibly well made XSV stuff, for example? Everybody has 'em listed as out of stock, or only has a couple of weird ones like old Timmy threads.

All the C-Lever necks are out of stock, most of the factory necks are out of stock (or are only available in one color, like gold or pink) Maddog doesn't make an Eclipse neck, New Designz has a clamping neck, but it attaches to the gun with setscrews instead of the standard clamping band, everybody has the CP necks, but I hate those big open holes...

I can see 'em disappearing for the obsolete guns (just try and find an old-Angel threaded neck these days!) but the Egos and Eteks are still around. What gives?

Doc.
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

There's been a few "color kits" go by on ebay lately, but not like they used to. Red gloss or dust blue were the choices for about $20. I almost bought them to re-ano, Those are nice necks, I miss them too. I keep hoping CP will go back to a normal design.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

I remember seeing a bunch of color kits, too, but right now, the only one listed on Ebay is an "aqua" blue.

I figured at worst I could pick up one of the oddball color C-Levers (I can find one in gold and one in white- that's pretty much it) and have it reannoed, but geez, I just need a standard red or standard blue.

What ever happened to the XSV stuff? I managed to find one for my TekAngel, and it's one of the best clamping feeds I've seen, both in appearance and function.

Doc.
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Paintball Gateway has a white one in stock:
Planet Eclipse C-Lever Clamping Feed Neck Assembly - ETek/Ego 5 - Dust White
cwest1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I have this if you want to trade me something interesting. Best way to reach me is through PM's. Thanks

nostayhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts