mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #31 (permalink)
Not playing nearly enough

Here's a nifty trick that works with the 32 Degrees Magnums but I've heard doesn't with the DYE. You can take the crappy dovetail fitting off and use a quality 1" scope ring in either dovetail or weaver mount. I still prefer the Armson sight but the Magnums are pretty good too.

and fitted...

and mounted...

esperto96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Nifty, very cool!

I'm going to go with a brand new chromed or nickel plated Pro-Dot (not Max Duty unfortunately) Armson/Pro-Team sight direct from them, as they have set one aside for me.

Thank you for all the help everyone
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #33 (permalink)
Stock class SPAM

I use Armson OEG's on all my phantoms except one. It does help you get used to snap shooting in the long run since your eyes are open all the time and no need to worry about batteries ever. My first one after 15 years finally broke. The clear part had been shot off once . I switched to the Max duty verisons after when I had cash.
I also use an Aimpoint 2000 red dot as well. The batteries lasted a while on that. I like both but for stock class play to keep it light and easy OEG for me.
808Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #34 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Implicit in the "occluded eye" business is the fact that you need both eyes exposed from your bunker in order to use them, otherwise what you have is "dual occluded eyes", aka blindness. Both eyes pretty much means practically your entire head needs to leave your bunker. This hurts you two ways:

1. Increased exposure.
2. Increased movement time in and out of your bunker.

It is nearly the exact same thing as the hopper/no hopper argument. Your hopper (or whatever part of your body you choose to sacrifice in order to not lead with your hopper) is the first thing out of your bunker, and the last thing to go back in. Except now we're not talking about the blimp on your gun, we're talking about your entire masked noggin.

You're better off familiarizing yourself with your gun and your own body mechanics. Always hold your gun in the same way, aim with your core muscles, and you'll naturally hit anything you're looking at. No-scope.

Need headcam videos of these OEG's in use.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #35 (permalink)
Post Whore

that's exactly what I did with an older Dye Izon. Unfortunately, the barrel of the Izon is smaller than 1", so I carefully wrapped electrical tape around the sight until the scope ring fit. Worked great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esperto96 View Post
Here's a nifty trick that works with the 32 Degrees Magnums but I've heard doesn't with the DYE. You can take the crappy dovetail fitting off and use a quality 1" scope ring in either dovetail or weaver mount. I still prefer the Armson sight but the Magnums are pretty good too.

Thunderstruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~FinSec View Post
If it has tits or tires its gonna cause trouble.

Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:09 AM   #36 (permalink)
Stock class SPAM

My you tube vids have head cam of me using my armson.
808Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #37 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
Implicit in the "occluded eye" business is the fact that you need both eyes exposed from your bunker in order to use them, otherwise what you have is "dual occluded eyes", aka blindness. Both eyes pretty much means practically your entire head needs to leave your bunker. This hurts you two ways:

1. Increased exposure.
2. Increased movement time in and out of your bunker.

It is nearly the exact same thing as the hopper/no hopper argument. Your hopper (or whatever part of your body you choose to sacrifice in order to not lead with your hopper) is the first thing out of your bunker, and the last thing to go back in. Except now we're not talking about the blimp on your gun, we're talking about your entire masked noggin.

You're better off familiarizing yourself with your gun and your own body mechanics. Always hold your gun in the same way, aim with your core muscles, and you'll naturally hit anything you're looking at. No-scope.
That's all fine and dandy, but it's fun to use a red-dot site. Paintball is about having fun, not winning at all costs.

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #38 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
That's all fine and dandy, but it's fun to use a red-dot site. Paintball is about having fun, not winning at all costs.
I would also say that if you are stuck in a bunker and only have time for a one-eyed pop-out, that's not the time to be using a sight, and they are not useful for high volume shooting. The odd single shots (night, wind, range, angles, threading trees, etc.) is where my sights come up. And yes, much fun.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:50 PM   #39 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808Jackal View Post
My you tube vids have head cam of me using my armson.
Aside from the music, excellent videos. Great examples of the red dot sights in use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I would also say that if you are stuck in a bunker and only have time for a one-eyed pop-out, that's not the time to be using a sight, and they are not useful for high volume shooting. The odd single shots (night, wind, range, angles, threading trees, etc.) is where my sights come up. And yes, much fun.
Well, you guys are the masters of 'fun' so I'll defer to your expertise in that department.

But there's a difference between "winning at all costs" and "playing to the best of your ability". You can't control the outcome of a game, but you can control your own decisions.

The sight is symbolic. It tells you "my gun is pointed in the right direction", but there are other ways to arrive at this conclusion, minus the penalties which cannot be named. Red dot sights are the Cliff's Notes version of a book.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #40 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

I use the original style Armson sights on my Automag, Micromag and Sniper II. I love the sight...reliable, low profile, bright dot. I have had the sights for years and they hold up wonderfully. Unless something crazy happens, they should last a lifetime. A friend just ordered a Max Duty and I am looking forward to checking it out...probably will be the next one I purchase.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts