mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 02-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Best place to hydrotest

I've used American Hydrotest for the past couple times, and they've been great, tho the prices are getting higher as time goes on! (Not to mention shipping...) What is the best place you've used, and are the prices any good?

Also, I have a 16 oz CO2 that needs hydro, but it seems like a new tank would be cheaper than shipping, testing, and return shipping. Should I just look for smaller CO2 tanks (2in2ft rule?) and be done with it?! Thanks for your inputs!

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

It doesnt make a whole lot of sense to reydro co2 tanks. It is usually cheaper to buy a new one.
98ssuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I have personally never used them but I have heard GREAT things about Crossfire's hydro service. Lucky for me when I was living in SoCal I was local to Spectrum Gas in Costa Mesa and got my hydro'ing done there for $25 and back in two days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
check with your local fire station and find out where they get their SCBA tanks hydro tested at. Chances are there is a place that's reasonably close to you that can do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
I've played pump against the worst of the paintball scum bags, do I hang it up? Nah.... I play angrier.
B_i_s_c_u_i_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

I had Ninja hydrotest a couple of tanks for me. No complaints and easy to deal with.
blackmagic71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:28 AM   #6 (permalink)

AKA Fan
I have a local welding supply store that does mine. ~$20 and no shipping to worry about. Though is does make more sense to just buy new C02 tanks.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
My local place is American Paintball Tank Hydrotest. Paintball Hydro Test service

But, you run into the same problem with shipping. Less than $20 per hydro is great, and being local to them, I can take a couple of tanks in, hang out in town for the day, and drive home with fresh tanks. But when you factor in shipping, I highly recommend hitting up something local to you. But do what you can to remove your own regs, or have a paintball shop do it for you. Most places don't have a clue about removing paintball regs, and they tend to damage them. Not alot, but there are more tanks that get sent in for hydro that they get a damaged reg in the removal process than the tanks themselves actually don't pass hydro.

As to a CO2 tank, it isn't really worth it to get them hydroed. For the same price, or maybe a little bit more, you can buy a brand new 20 ounce CO2 tank. But if you can find a Blue Rhino that still does the CO2 tank swap program, go for it. The people that work at the place that does the swap don't have a clue about hydro, so you would be swapping an out of hydro tank for one in hydro.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I have used crossfire 5 times. Always had great service and quick turnaround. They will also generally cut a price break if you send enough.
Azreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreal View Post
I have used crossfire 5 times. Always had great service and quick turnaround. They will also generally cut a price break if you send enough.
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'd be sending 3 tanks (if I include the CO2 bottle). Wonder why that changed, new regulations?

Oh well, guess I could buy a bunch of 3.5 or 4 oz'ers!

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

CCM Fan
I have used F&M Fire Protection in Hyattsville MD. Hard to find and they did put marks on my regs when they removed them. They don't have real fast turn around, but they are local. Price was about $ 25 per tank.
Craig 71 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts