mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   Force Feed Loaders on Guns with a Powerfeed Neck (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/228546-force-feed-loaders-guns-powerfeed-neck.html)

Chris From Flurry 03-11-2013 04:39 PM

Force Feed Loaders on Guns with a Powerfeed Neck
 
I was wondering if anybody else has run into the problem of balls getting jammed when using a force feed loader on a gun that has a powerfeed style feed neck? I remember I couldn't use my Halo on my Micrococker because of it and my Shocker S/F was having a similar problem.

I just wanted to see if anybody had a solution to the problem. I currently just use a Revi with those guns but would prefer to use something else.

Spider! 03-11-2013 04:51 PM

My old mag couldn't run anything without chopping eventually. When I put a x-valve in it, I changed the feed plug to the newer parabolic plug. It never hiccuped again, just fill and fill and fill with a Halo or B2.

If a new AGD plug won't fit in there, you can try altering another plug to try to make that corner better.

808raoul 03-11-2013 04:57 PM

When I had a powerfeed automag back in the day, I put on a halo and it would jam all the time. Well at least till the end of the day when I gave up. Never did that again. Never used anything else with a powerfeed.

When I used a Revy on the Automag it never jammed on me.

Chris From Flurry 03-11-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider! (Post 2650987)
My old mag couldn't run anything without chopping eventually. When I put a x-valve in it, I changed the feed plug to the newer parabolic plug. It never hiccuped again, just fill and fill and fill with a Halo or B2.

If a new AGD plug won't fit in there, you can try altering another plug to try to make that corner better.

Thanks for the info. Do you know anybody that has any of the parabolic plugs and or any pictures of them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 808raoul (Post 2650991)
When I had a powerfeed automag back in the day, I put on a halo and it would jam all the time. Well at least till the end of the day when I gave up. Never did that again. Never used anything else with a powerfeed.

When I used a Revy on the Automag it never jammed on me.

That is the same problem I have it's just that sometimes with my Revy a ball isn't there when I need it and that especially caused problems with the micrococker.

The Flounder 03-11-2013 05:38 PM

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fu...fo&prodId=2093http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fu...fo&prodId=2093

Spider! 03-11-2013 08:20 PM

Here's the difference

http://www.paintballcity.org/images/Spider/img1169.jpg

Chris From Flurry 03-13-2013 02:38 PM

Hey Spider! thanks for the picture. Just to be clear though is the one on the left the newer parabolic style one? I think I have about 4 plugs but I have to find and check them.

Spider! 03-13-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris From Flurry (Post 2653157)
Hey Spider! thanks for the picture. Just to be clear though is the one on the left the newer parabolic style one? I think I have about 4 plugs but I have to find and check them.

Yes, left one is new. The flat spot on the right one caused lots of chops.

Chris From Flurry 03-13-2013 04:18 PM

Thanks!

Jaccen 03-13-2013 09:45 PM

Somewhat related, how do guys shooting mags find powerfeed with good parabolic plug vs the older direct feed with a force feed loader?

My old PMI Piranha with powerfeed would chop...all.....the.......time. Its plug was just a simple 45 degree plug, though. My experience with it turned me off powerfeeds with loaders, well, ever since.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC