mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   Air American Bottle Reg fill nipple (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/230826-air-american-bottle-reg-fill-nipple.html)

Schmitti 04-07-2013 08:29 PM

Air American Bottle Reg fill nipple

2 Attachment(s)
A friend has an Air America bottle reg... the fill nipple is shot and he needs a new one. He was told it has finer threads than a standard nipple. Any idea where to get a replacement?

Pics of said reg and nipple:
Attachment 38605

Attachment 38606

E

Fluff 04-07-2013 08:36 PM

I would contact Dan Colby directly. Either here or on fb. I have no answers.

superman 04-07-2013 09:53 PM

just replace that oring

masternater1217 04-07-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superman (Post 2677627)
just replace that oring

I feel that Dan would say something similar. He's a no BS kind of guy.

krupasjeans 04-08-2013 04:11 AM

Heck, I've got three of those regs sitting on the bottom of my misc parts box just waiting to be thrown in the garbage. I would hope that Dan might say to just replace the whole reg. Those regs were made by Kee and I wish I had known that before I bought mine.

If you can't find a small o-ring to put on the stem (004 or an 005 I think), I can send you a replacement nipple if you can cover shipping.

superman 04-08-2013 11:37 AM

i have one of those regs in my box too somewhere. one of the best things i ever did was going to a crossfire reg.

Schmitti 04-08-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krupasjeans (Post 2677870)
Heck, I've got three of those regs sitting on the bottom of my misc parts box just waiting to be thrown in the garbage. I would hope that Dan might say to just replace the whole reg. Those regs were made by Kee and I wish I had known that before I bought mine.

If you can't find a small o-ring to put on the stem (004 or an 005 I think), I can send you a replacement nipple if you can cover shipping.

Not my reg, but I appreciate the offer...... but how was the reg made by a company (Kee) that didn't exist at the time? I didn't think Kee and Air America were around at the same time... even at the end of AA's life.

E

No Mercy Ever 04-08-2013 05:43 PM

That is so not Kee. Kee didn't exist at the time of Air America, and in the beginning, Kee didn't make their regs, PSI did. Now, I am sure that they are made in China, but pretty much based upon the PSI, now known as Ninja, design.

To Schmitti, can you compare the fill nipple to another one? It may just need a new o-ring, but if it needs a whole new fill nipple, my first thought would be to compare it to existing ones.

Shane-O 04-08-2013 06:28 PM

National, under Gino made those regs when the deal for the AA name was done, or maybe even before it was done with an agreement with AA. Call Kee and check with the service department.

krupasjeans 04-08-2013 08:49 PM

Well, apologies for the misinformation. I didn't mean to bash Kee.
Those regs did work good for me for about 4 years, but then all developed leaks somewhere internally which I couldn't service myself since, as I found out later, they applied about a 1/4 cup of red loctite to the two main sections.

All I know is that when the regs started leaking I contacted Guerrilla Air to service them. They told me that Air America didn't make those regs and to talk to Kee. Kee said they would service them for 39.95 or something outrageous like that.

What made me the most pissed is that the design was really not meant to be user serviceable, and after having an Air America Apocalypse and other regs throughout my paintball career and learning the ins and outs of Air America stuff, here was a cheap knock off that I would basically have to throw away. So that experience just taught me to make sure that all my future regs I bought were completely user serviceable, because really, changing an o-ring shouldn't cost 39.95.