mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 04-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Deadly Wind Fibur CF barrel on Pro Carbine?

Has anyone used a DW Fibur CF with A5 threads on a Tippmann Pro Carbine?
I would like to know if the barrel will fit in the shroud without modification. Also if anyone has used this setup let me know if you liked it or if there may be better barrels on the market.

Thanks
shibyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Well, the only thing I can say is that you won't get a whole lot of benefit out of the freak system on an open bolt marker like the Pro Carbine.

I haven't used one on it..but the OD of those barrels is pretty small so I think it SHOULD fit the shroud.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lathe Fiend

Nonsense. The whole open bolt verses closed bolt accuracy thing in paintball is bologna. A nice barrel is the best thing you can do for accuracy, especially on a tippmann. I am pretty sure that a deadlywinds will fit, but there will be a little bit of wobble because it is smaller than a stock barrel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
CNC's are for nerds...
MCB Feedback

Sheridan Misc FS: Grips, bodies
sniper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
Of course closed bolt guns are more accurate. Anyone who played in the 90's knows that. I have never seen or heard anything but praise for deadly wind barrels, should fit you tippman fine and be much better than stock in every respect.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

I ended up getting a 68 carbine instead of the pro carbine and it didnt have any front shroud. Probably will get the deadly wind barrel for it. Thanks
shibyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Sniper42 you misunderstood what I said.

I wasn't saying the pro carbine (as an open bolt) would be less accurate than a closed bolt gun.

I was saying that it is cheaper, and just as functional to get barrel that does not accept freak inserts. You can get a great single bore barrels for in the 30 dollar range and I have found that my accuracy with a .687 barrel on an open bolt gun is easily as good and probably better than it is when I match the paint well on the same gun by using a freak kit.

Closed bolt guns on the other hand receive a lot of benefit from a freak system..mainly it is the easiest way to prevent roll outs.

If I had a pro carbine and wanted a carbon fiber barrel, I'd get a single bore stiffi in .687 or so. Maybe .685 if I never ever encountered any decent sized paint. I'd even get .689 if that is all I could find.

With a deadlywind you are looking at 90 or so dollars for the barrel + the cost of inserts if you don't have them already. You have inserts to deal with and they give very little benefit other than the small efficiency improvement they might offer by allowing a good ball/bore match. A good normal barrel on the other hand just works day in and day out.

Last edited by Cunha; 05-02-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lathe Fiend

My mistake, I assumed you were talking accuracy. In that case I agree. I have had .690 barrels be just as accurate as my deadlywinds, they only difference between the two being that the deadlywinds will be more air efficient because it wastes less air by blow by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
CNC's are for nerds...
MCB Feedback

Sheridan Misc FS: Grips, bodies
sniper42 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts