mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 06-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
boo
Banned

qloader feedneck adapter for custom automag ule body (angel/impulse thread)

Finishing up a mag build and I'm putting my one of my qloaders on it. Where can I find the feedneck adapter? All I see are nxt and ion xe threaded feednecks on qloaders page.

Where can I find the impulse/angel threaded type? This is the type I'm looking for if its the sane threads as a ule body, correct?
boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Won't those strip out? I thought shocker threaded was close enough to work, but could rip the threads out because they were not correct.(metric vs. imp).

Tarantula makes warp feednecks.
Tarantula Mods and Manufacturing-Store
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
boo
Banned

I already have the 90* low profile fitting which won't work with a warp feedneck.

Anyone know if the above links will work? It's one of the ULE RT bodies they did a custom run of over at AO
Old 06-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

I know it says for Angels use the Ion adapter and I have with various results. On the website now it says that for AGD ULE to use the SP8 kit but that lists a clamping feedneck adapter and not a screw in type.

SP8 Paintball Marker Mod Kitqloader Paintball Hopper and Elite Paintball Gear

They also have the Ion modkit listed separate for the Ion XE kit (which is the NXT kit)
Ion Paintball Marker Mod Kitqloader Paintball Hopper and Elite Paintball Gear

I'm not up to speed on Mags anymore but doesn't the ULE body have Angel threads? If it is the case the Ion one should work but I ran into a problem with my one Angel. I think they sent me a Ion XE one. The threads are really close to the same but not exactly so I could only screw it in about 2-3 threads deep. I just added some red Locktite to those threads and it's held fine the past couple of years since it's been done. My other Angel has I guess the original Ion threads and it works fine and screws down all the way.

I think the best bet is to give them a call and try to find out. Because with how expensive those adapters are w/ shipping it would be nice to get the right one the first time.

“She’s totally gross over 90% of her body. The other 10% is crazy nasty.” - Dr. Ice Cream
"Although where I come from, we call it Quartz, Parchment, Shears." - Pops

Black barrel covers will get you bonus balled.

Chris From Flurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

They're not the right threads for ULE bodies. ULE is Angel (metric) threads, which are close to but not quite Ion threads. Meaning you can kind of shoehorn an Ion threaded one in there with a bunch of Loctite. That's what I've been running.

A call to AIC will yield them probably telling you the same misinformation. I believe I pointed it out to them, and I'm pretty sure their response was "*shrug*".

Somebody should really just make a run of bona fide low-rise AGD ULE Q-loader adapters.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
boo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
They're not the right threads for ULE bodies. ULE is Angel (metric) threads, which are close to but not quite Ion threads. Meaning you can kind of shoehorn an Ion threaded one in there with a bunch of Loctite. That's what I've been running.

A call to AIC will yield them probably telling you the same misinformation. I believe I pointed it out to them, and I'm pretty sure their response was "*shrug*".

Somebody should really just make a run of bona fide low-rise AGD ULE Q-loader adapters.
Thanks for getting me the definitive answer! I ordered from them a while back and didn't get the right info but they hooked it up huge with a free qloader 200 round kit to make up for it so I cant complain, best customer service ever!

As long as I can make it work with a pipe wrench and loctite thats good enough for me. Maybe I'll add to my tap and die collection with a sp thread tapper. I

Anyone know the tap dimension or where I can order one?

It's one of those custom ule rt classic bodies they did a run of on ao. Its not something I'm worrying about reselling or keeping for a collectors value.

It doesnt unthread itself ever, does it?

I'm gonna order and make it work then.

Last edited by boo; 06-29-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Possible Gun Whore

here is a lil info for ya:
Angel feedneck tap size
need4reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
boo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
here is a lil info for ya:
Angel feedneck tap size
Good to know, I think I'm going to try force threading, and if that doesn't work I'll just order a tap.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts