mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 03-24-2014, 04:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
I Fill DeadBoxes

CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
Question PPS Blazer what's it worth?

I have a PPS Blazer used but in good condition cosmetically 7.5/10 mechanical 10/10 just minor anno wear here and there on the gun. The serial number is BZ055 so it's the right feed body. The palmers stab has been swapped out for what looks to be just some generic black regulator. It does also have palmers own thread adapter so it can use auto cocker barrels. Since I am relatively new to MCB I couldnt find an appraisal section. Can someone help me to find out the value
Old 03-24-2014, 04:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Palmers Fan
I'd say around $180 - $220 range without seeing pics. The cocker adapter is helping but missing a stabilizer is hurting.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
CO2 Extraordinaire

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Does it work? Does it need to be retimed? Is it leaking?

If it's fully functional, cycles correctly, and pressurizes without leaks that will also yield a higher resale price when compared to that of a non functional, improperly timed, and leaking marker (the majority of stuff people list for sale online).

For those that don't think that a fully functional 1k blazer has bonus value, just go on the PPS website and see what they charge to rebuild and time a 1k blazer; your opinion might change.

Last edited by Mr. Red; 03-24-2014 at 05:15 PM.
Mr. Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yup, a working Blazer definitely makes a more attractive sale. I just got done sorting out an ill functioning 2K Blazer [$$$]. I would not have bought it if I'd known it did not function as a paintgun [cycled sort of]. [my fault for not being clear what I asked seller]

$250 top price for good condition 1K Blazer with barrel for working [shoots paintballs at reasonable velocity] and no leaks. The Barrel adapter to me adds no value. Without Barrel but working/no leaks $200 Tops the worse the condition the lower the price.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles

My Pyre #PY008 RF Oak Grendel's Feedback on MCB
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
What type of grip frame does it have? Sometimes that can be a selling point too. Judging from the 10/10 mechanical description (works as it should) $200 is around where I would price it, but it may take you a while to move it.
B1gRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
CO2 Extraordinaire

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I'd say based on giving an estimate in the dark, the mcb member user comments are spot on. Unlike other items, a PPS product typically has a decent resale valve.

Depending on options, cleanliness, user damage, released pss 1K blazer upgrades made available throughout the years, and overall working functionality a used 1K Blazer can range anywhere from $100 to an upwards of $400 (maybe more depending on anno pattern).

Last edited by Mr. Red; 03-24-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Mr. Red is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts