mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 09-03-2006, 07:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Custom Gunslinger

Zander I am stand corrected

To much time with the daughter bouncing on my head today, she is just at the right age to be EVERYWHERE at one time it seems.

Thanks for not me.

My Gallery
Feedback at MCB
Feedback at SCP
Cleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 03:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

I recommend JT pro-flex's or Flex 7's. BUT, if you are happy with your X-fires and they've been so good, then by all means get another set or a replacement lens if that's the problem.

"What makes a VM so charming is that you can chop down small trees with it" - Jaan
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleric View Post
Zander I am stand corrected

To much time with the daughter bouncing on my head today, she is just at the right age to be EVERYWHERE at one time it seems.

Thanks for not me.
Of course!
Please understand I wasn't attempting to bash you in the first place. I was simply stating that while I think it's a great practice to be as frugal as possible with your marker, I think that as far as your eyes are concerned, every penny you spend to protect them is worth it.

Best Regards,
-Z
ZanderC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Custom Gunslinger

That I agree with you in every sense or cents in this case Zander

Sorry bad pun I know, but that is something that I push the new players on. Borrow a marker if you must but when you buy make your first purchase a good mask and goggles. I think that is one thing that most people don't push enough with the newer players. I know that alot of new players get discouraged because they go out and get waxed even though they just bought the newest electro sear-tripper because they fogged up and could not really see. If you feel that the more expensive goggles, I did end up ordering a Proteus during the labor day sale, help you play better than make sure that you impress upon the newer players that it does make a difference in your game and that is why you bought it.

My Gallery
Feedback at MCB
Feedback at SCP
Cleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

I spent alot of time looking at goggles. The entire v force line that uses their large lense <shield, morph, profiler> is excellent.. when I owned a profiler I couldnt stand the breathability it had..my hot air never left the mask and tons of moisture built up and it was very uncomfortable.

I have one of the newer Vents masks. The lense change is as good as the V force, and they say that the lenses have as good or better levels of optical clarity, however when I was playing with my vents I seem to notice some funny distortion somewhere and its kind of irritating...they also dont breathe as well as a flex.

After owning everything i finally come back to the flex 7 all over again. I didnt like it because the lense isnt too easy to change, but the breathability is just so much better than everything else there was no other choice for me. The lense is all flat so there is optical distortion but its all consistant..there arent any tweeks like my Vents seems to have. also the soft rubber lower section makes it alot better when you happen to press your mask up against your tank or anything like that.

Id really reccomend a JT flex7, proflex, or spectra <hard all around> to anyone.

I also think that the V force morph and shield might breathe better than the profiler because the mouth area is larger.

If you go with a proteus make sure you get a proteus 2..AV has both. They are totally good masks, they just look kinda funny so most kids dont like them..look like a space helmet. Good mask though, uses a spectra lense so they are all over the place.

Really the best choices are

JT anything with a spectra lense
V force anything with a big lense <not flat armor provantage lense
Vents anything but the avatar is really worth the extra money.

I dont like protos or dye masks all that much, not because of their prices but because their lenses arent all that much bigger than a JT elite lense..kinda horseblinderesque.

V force lenses are absolutely the most clear. JT spectra/proflex from my experience are the most comfortable to wear, vents are a good middle of the road and something worth looking at. I let my friends use my vents.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 04:06 AM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

I bought a profiler way back, and won't buy anything else until this falls apart.

I haven't really noticed any breathability problems overall--with my chin down on the ground, my hot air tends to stay, but the slightest motion 'funnels' air in through the vents. Even at a walk, I can feel a noticeable breeze.
Deus Machina is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts