mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 09-20-2006, 10:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Supernatural Anaesthetist

Send a message via AIM to Wycke

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Obeastly View Post
I believe my insert to be brass, it has a few scratches that make it look like it is brass with some sort of coating.
Actually, on furthing inspecting the rest of the 3-ways I have, I found a nickeled one just like yours. Yes, the insert does appear to be blackened brass. Unfortuntely, I don't seem to have the proper shaft for it. You wouldn't happen to have an extra or know where I could get one, would ya?

s'ok...I'm takin' it back...

My Feedback Thread
Wycke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 01:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Hired Goon

The bolt looks like an original Bud Orr quick pull bolt. My Sniper 1 came with one. I bought the Sniper from the original owner and he said he bought the bolt right from Bud.
Chris Mader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 02:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

I believe I know the location of some more shafts for them. One of the local stores has a bunch of 3 way shafts in their cocker parts box. If you have a local store/field ask if they have a cocker parts box or old stuff box and you should be able to fine one.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:16 PM   #14 (permalink)

Unfortunately, no such shops exist in my area. The few places that carry any paintball gear concentrate on either the Spyder/Ion/cheapie starter guns or scenario/mil-sim type stuff. There's one shop over in Jersey (Hector's in Columbus) that might actually have a misc. parts box, but they'd probably charge me some outrageous amount for such a small part. I'll have to ask the next time I'm over that way, though...

My Feedback Thread
Old 09-25-2006, 04:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'll ask and see what I can do. I tend to get a lot of those types of items for free. I'll try to pick up a few of them. I wonder if I can ship them in plain envalopes without them getting damaged in transit.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 04:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Wycke, they may have it at the Montgomeryville Army-Navy at five points... I know it's a little ways from you, but they have parts galore and would probably let you dig if I was there.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 04:22 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Obeastly View Post
I'll ask and see what I can do. I tend to get a lot of those types of items for free. I'll try to pick up a few of them. I wonder if I can ship them in plain envalopes without them getting damaged in transit.
I usually take two pieces of thin cardboard (like the cover of an old notebook) and cut them to just fit inside an envelope, then sandwich the part in between them (with it taped to one of them, somewhat in the middle). Or, use a small padded envelope (though still taping the part to a piece of cardboard keeps it from bouncing around and potentially popping a hole in the envelope.

-Chad

My Feedback Thread
Old 09-25-2006, 04:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Pull the ink tube out of a bic pen and stick the stem in there, tape over the ends of the pen, and then put that in an envelope.

You should be okay then

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Even if they are sort of big, they are good for shipping small breakable (or envelope punctureable) type items: Try Altoids tins or any knockoffs that have containers. The mini M&Ms plastic cylander things are fantastic too.
Bubblewrap the item, drop it in the container, stuff the container so it doesn't move, then put it in a bubble mailer. Works great to mail even small glass vials without breaking.

Or even those little cardboard boxes that jewlery comes in- bug the wives and girlfriends for extras. I swair women, myself included, have some sort of genetic programming that does not allow us to toss those little boxes since, "They Might Come In Handy Sometime!" Granted the cardboard is thin, but as long as it's mailed inside a padded mailer it offers that extra bit of protection anyone may need.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts