mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 09-30-2006, 09:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Bunker Skills! Steath, Pop Shots and Defense

I would like to think of my self as not that big of a noob, but I`v only been playing paintball for over a year and a Half.

Did the speed ball thing and woods ball. Like them both!

I found when playing speed ball the teams would teach me a lot more bunker skills then the woods ball group and when I play woods ball I would be the one to get my team together in groups insted of having players go on there own.
We won all the time that way untill the other team started grouping there team together. then it was 50 - 50 on who would win. :P

All the skill i learned from speed ball made me a lot better player, Plus I was play agenst realy good player with Lots of paint....
stick your head out in the wrong place and your done!

I like to play agens players better than me. If a played shoots you out that better then you. you dont feel as bad campaired to a little kid that shoots you out and cant stop talking about that one good shot he had all day.

So back to the subject SKILL.
What tips, tricks or styles will keep the kills rolling for my side?
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Shoot them before they shoot you!!!
Sounds like your doing the biggest thing:
You push/challenge yourself by playing players that are better than you. The only other thing is practice (snap-shooting, movement, observation skills, comunication). Once you get those down do them over and over till it becomes second nature!

My FS Listing
Misc bits-

My feed back:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1021

Carter's Commando Texas Division:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-division.html
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Shoot them before they shoot you!!!
Sounds like your doing the biggest thing:
You push/challenge yourself by playing players that are better than you. The only other thing is practice (snap-shooting, movement, observation skills, comunication). Once you get those down do them over and over till it becomes second nature!
Thanks!

I think the biggest thing to get over when first playing the game was getting shot. Iv been hit almost everyware. but no wine from me, i did get a pair of gloves and neck protection. The hits to the neck and hands hert. been hit with 260fps to 300fps. so i set my gun at 245fps and work the ark of the ball over the bunkers. the balls still brake and I save air. People do come up to me a thank me for setting my gun low, becase I tend to shoot at close rang.

woop......

Last edited by Robertsr; 10-04-2006 at 09:42 AM. Reason: edited for objectional language
Old 09-30-2006, 02:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Want tips?

Watch all of Tyger's Tip-Clips... found here:

http://webdog.specialopspaintball.com/video/tipclip/

LOTS of tips.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewtt View Post
Want tips?

Watch all of Tyger's Tip-Clips... found here:

http://webdog.specialopspaintball.com/video/tipclip/

LOTS of tips.
sweet!
Old 10-02-2006, 09:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

If we're talking about a confrontation with another solo opponent, for me I think the first shot is the key. Especially at closer ranges (say under 20 yards).

If you can get the first shot off and for it to be "right there", you've given yourself the biggest oppotunity to either eliminate or demoralize your opponent.

#1. You'll have had the first opportunity to make a kill.
#2. Your opponent will have to respect you intentions, and even ever so slightly they'll have to react to you instead of freely taking their own course of action.
#3. Now you've got the upper hand both in pyschological terms & also your opponent is reactive. You're leading the flow of battle. KILL KILL KILL!!

*Ahem!* Anyways... Kinda like when Mike Tyson was King. The bell would ring and he'd boldly step up and throw the first haymaker. Even if he missed he'd have his opponent back on their heels playing under his terms for the at least for the next flurry or two.

I dunno if that makes any sense.
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 02:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

suprise em, and look for the perfect opertunity to move to better spots (including the bunkers their in!). Once you get a feel for making the right moves you wont hesitate to make them, and thats critical.... Last time me and my friend went with our phantoms and the 1 minute was called. I was like "NOW LETS BUNKER HIM" and we charged up on a unsuspected victim. I kinda screwed up and got hit 3 times in the neck at point blank but my friend came around the other side and got him ok, not a very good example, but communication and the feel for good moves is important.
FeedTheDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Paintball Player

1-Be very agressive.
Many people handicap themselves by being timid or being afraid to be hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedTheDog
I kinda screwed up and got hit 3 times in the neck at point blank but my friend came around the other side and got him ok, not a very good example, but communication and the feel for good moves is important.
Actually, you didn't screw up. Your objective was not to survive but to make sure the other side didn't. Sometimes personal sacrifice is required for the good of the team and the objective.

2-Make sure you keep the objective of the game in mind and maximize your actions toward that goal.

3-Teamwork is critical in any game. Know how to work with and communicate with others on the field.

4-It probably does not need to be said, but honest play, even in the face of cheating is probably the highest ideal to strive for on the field.

-rath
Old 10-03-2006, 12:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

This may seem a little sarcastic, but here is how i play.

In scenario, you have some objective. When i do that, i try to complete the objective, and any opposing players in my way get shot, preferably in the face.

Elimination games are even easier. I literally just try to shoot as many people (in the face) as i can. Forget about how well your snap shooting, forget how your holding your gun, forget about everything except where the other guys are and how you could best shoot them (in the face).

Again, im not being sarcastic, and im not joking. The best way to get better is to shoot more people in the face than you did last game.
sniper1rfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Tips

Best advice ever given to me;
1. Know the field your playing, your shooting angles and angles that u can get shot.
2. Close range combat objective is to gain shooting dominance. Ur making your opponents make quick snap shoots from behind there bunker becuase ur posted in dominant shooting position.
3.Dont shoot at your opponents bunker. Instead, shoot just left, right, or above depending on the situation. <= combined with timing your mark, this tip dramatically bettered my game.
4. Learn how to shoot with both hands. A must for snap shooting. Easier said then done but another must learn. This so far has been the hardest for myself. I've been carrying my gun around the house, all the while my wife has here eyes rolled to the back of her head, lol.
kshawl1017 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts