mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 08-04-2008, 04:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Un Tico

I got wood....

ok so I figured that would get you guys attention. So here it is, I need some advice on two guns I just came across.

First one is what seems a stock sheridan pump rifle. The second one, I was told is a Palmers Pursuit custome nickel plated stroker. Both have not been played or air up for at least two years. So Iim thinking both of them are going to need some work, taken apart cleaned, new Orings and who knows what else.

So I would like to know how hard these to work on, taking them apart and doing the RR on them. Is there any step by step instructions or manual that I can follow or would this be something for the more experience or experts with these type of guns.

And since I know you guys like to see pictures, I have attached some. Can you also let me know what you guys think the value is for each fun. As always thanks for all the help guys.
Joker
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Palmer&Sheridan 002.jpg (279.9 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg Palmer&Sheridan 006.jpg (278.6 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg Palmer&Sheridan 010.jpg (279.8 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg Palmer&Sheridan 012.jpg (275.2 KB, 47 views)
C_losjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Your best bet is to send the stroker to Palmers. Last i checked it was 100 dollars or so for them to totally refurbish one of these. Call them for an up to date price. They answer their phone and are really friendly and knowledgeable. As for the rifle, you can do it yourself (Palmer's sells a kit to replace the seals and o-rings) but you are going to need a valve tool for sure (Palmers sells these to.)
I am sure someone else will chime in with a value for these....both are worth at least a few hundred depending on condition. The rifles usually go for more than strokers, but the stock class ones are the ones that are really sought after.
pecoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Traded guns for cameras

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
The wood one is an early model KP3. Does it hold air? You might be suprised and it doesn't need a rebuild. It looks like it's been stored well and in great shape overall.

If you're going to use it as a main gun, I would suggest a trip to PPS for a performance tune and a few other things:

Performance tube (efficiency, barrel honing, velocity adjuster, lighten pump stroke)
Detent (prevent double feeds, always good on springfeeds or direct feeds IMO)
Wedgits (prevent rollouts)
Quickstrip slot(way easier to get the bolt out for cleaning)

It'll be a different beast after that. The whole trip in will probably cost ~ $180 + shipping but will be well worth it. In the current market you might not get your full value back on resale from a PPS trip, so you might want to play with it a few times to see if it's your thing or not. Get yourseld a 7 or 10 oz CO2 tank or a 22 ci HPA tank )2" diameter tanks will fit in the CA cradle).

If it does leak, rcpaintball.com has all the seals and oring's you'll need. You'll have to grab a sheridan valve tool as well.

It's current value would be around the $350 to $400 mark (+/-) with the way things are selling right now.
Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Frink pretty much hit the nail on head about your kp3. that thing looks clean with not much use. do as Frink said and it'll be a new machine compared to it now. even without the trip to PPS they are damn fine shooters. only bad thing really about it now is no way to adjust the velocity... or i should say, no easy way to adjust it. only way to adjust it now is by either shimming or clipping the main spring.

try it out(if no leaks) and see how you like it. some people like them and some don't like the bulkyness of them... especially the kp3 because of the CA cradle. if you can handle the bulkyness but aren't happy with how it shoots, send it to PPS for a tune and i promise you'll be happy then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Un Tico

Pecoto, Frink, and Quad

thanks guys for all the information and the help. Frink with all the cost and links, getting that information from you did not surprise me. Seems like you are one of the experts on here when it comes to these type of guns and everyone here knows you like wood.
thanks again guys.
Joker
C_losjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Traded guns for cameras

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
C6 is the guru, I'm just a wanna be

But I do like wood.
Frink is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts