mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 12-19-2006, 03:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

True, Vectors can even run a siphon without missing a beat. Pretty amazing for something with pneumatics.

And your right, a reg would elliminate the effects of the reg creep that resulted from a handwarmer. But if you were a fieldowner, with all the headaches of liability, how would you even be able to enforce that?

Nick
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:53 PM   #22 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
I was thinking more of the setup with a remote.

As for enforcement, I think it is up to a crono judge to pointout un-safe setups anyhow.

(And we ran those vectors on normal CO2 and HPA. The HPA ones did a bit better, because the CO2 ones has some issues with leaks and seals at that temp. then again, so did the players )
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

i don't know for sure, but i seriously doubt that a handwarmer will cause a safety issue when used in real cold weather.

true, handwarmers can reach 130*, but sitting against a cold tank they will not reach that temp. the cold tank will suck the heat out of the warmer.

i'm not recommending using any type of warmer, but i don't think (as long as it's very cold outside) that using a handwarmer will be anymore dangerous than using co2 on a hot summer day.
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by c6quad View Post
i don't know for sure, but i seriously doubt that a handwarmer will cause a safety issue when used in real cold weather.

true, handwarmers can reach 130*, but sitting against a cold tank they will not reach that temp. the cold tank will suck the heat out of the warmer.

i'm not recommending using any type of warmer, but i don't think (as long as it's very cold outside) that using a handwarmer will be anymore dangerous than using co2 on a hot summer day.
But, just like on a hot day, if the CO2 is cold(er) when chrono-ing, then heats up, the fps will climb.

As long as the tanks been sitting on the handwarmer for a while when you chrono in, you'll be alright. But if you chrono, then put the warmer in, your fps will climb, which could present a safety issue.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarakian View Post
Let that be a lesson to all you criminal types. Don't steal old and unique paintball gear. We are the market and we will find you.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
But, just like on a hot day, if the CO2 is cold(er) when chrono-ing, then heats up, the fps will climb.

As long as the tanks been sitting on the handwarmer for a while when you chrono in, you'll be alright. But if you chrono, then put the warmer in, your fps will climb, which could present a safety issue.
that's true.

i would bet that you'll see a bigger jump in FPS in the summer from a crono'd cold bottle(freshly filled) then allowed to warm up and crono'd again, than the jump in FPS you would see in the winter on a bottle crono'd w/out the warmer then crono'd with the warmer.

this would be a neat test to do. if it was cold enough here i would, but it's rather warm here. the temp here today is mid 60's.
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:55 PM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

Thats a good point.

When I reffed, one thing that was a concern for us was days that started out cold, but suddenly warmed up a great deal.
We watched the temp guage, and would enforce a re-chrono when the differential reached a certain point.

But that is controllable, and predictable since it influences everyone.
Handwarmers are selective, and somewhat secretive. Its not possible at many fields to chrono every gun at every game. So you have to trust people.

Nick
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:55 PM   #27 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
That's a good point, the sun would probably warm the bottle faster, and get it to a higher temp.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Let that be a lesson to all you criminal types. Don't steal old and unique paintball gear. We are the market and we will find you.

Old 12-19-2006, 08:09 PM   #28 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

The only thing constant about CO2 is: CHANGE

No matter what:
'No external heat source shall be applied to a pressured cylinder'
(it's an ASTM/OSHA/SAFETY thing).

A 13cu/in hpa would be a great idea...

So....back in the day, when I applied a butane curling iron to the brass bracket clamp to my 7oz CO2....

The aforementioned device is in our museum

Be safe, not sorry.
R

Roland 'Bullseye' Chick - Owner of TAG Paintball,
"Northern California's Favorite Park, Since October 1984"
http://www.TAG-PAINTBALL.com
E-MAIL and PAYPAL: roland@tag-paintball.com
Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

"...As for me and my house...we will serve the Lord!" Joshua 24:15

REWARD for info leading to arrest & conviction of STOLEN GUNS: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...oken-into.html
tagroland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 01:32 PM   #29 (permalink)

Get a Palmers Stab. End of story. Can go up to 900psi for mags and kills liquid like no other. If you want you could dual Stab that puppy, female and male. Dualing it would give you the most efficiency and consistency while killing liquid but costs an arm and a leg, and one stab would be enough anyway. If you want, pm me, I have a chrome HP male stab I got in a trade I don't use, I could let it go cheap.

Last edited by Gimmick; 12-27-2006 at 01:38 PM.
Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 01:41 PM   #30 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmick View Post
Get a Palmers Stab. End of story. Can go up to 900psi for mags and kills liquid like no other.
A 900psi reg won't do anything when the tempurature is 40 degrees and your CO2 output pressure is below 600psi.

Temple of the Dog
Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts