mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-22-2006, 10:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Cunha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
Or just find larger paint.
And then il go walk on water.

Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 10:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
respiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Huntsville, AL
Send a message via AIM to respiegel Send a message via Yahoo to respiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
Or just find larger paint.
I've had good luck with XBall Bronze, its the largest paint my field carries...
respiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 10:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
PJ
Retired from paintball
 
PJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Powell, TN
Send a message via AIM to PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
And then il go walk on water.

Hey, it's happened before....
__________________
Paul

AIM: PJDarknight
CPPA #1145 / PPIG #496 / LPPC #103 / POG #1047 / Team Rogue Cell #7
PJ's Gallery on MCB
Feedback on MCB
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 10:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Dewane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006

Ive used this trick on my Ghosts over the years,it might work on other breach drop guns also.The front grip screw, screws into the barrel bore right about where a nice widgit would be useful.I have used a dab of JB weld,silicon or 5 minute epoxy to make a little bump on the tip of the grip screw,when screwed in, it sticks up into the barrel just enough to retain paint.You just have to play around with different sizes and compounds to find out what works best for you.
Dewane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Railgun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006

I'm still a bit confused on the wedgits and the CCI detent rings.

On my WGP Ranger the SL68II and as far as I can tell on my new Tagmaster the bolt pushes the ball into the barrel all the way and then follows it and seals the back end of the barrel with the Oring on the nose of the bolt. So where and how do these wedgits or detent rings work in that case? Or does the Phantom not push the ball all the way into the barrel?

AND..... for those that have used the dab of paint or nailpolish have you ever had problems when you did manage to find larger paint?
__________________
I had a "Paintball God" moment once.
Like Al Bundy's Polk High football moment I live on
for the slim chance of repeating that one time
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:41 AM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

The wedgits or the dab of paint or CCI ring work like weak ball detents & provide enough friction to stop the ball from wrolling away from the face of the bolt. They are placed just in front of where the face of the bolt stops when it is all the way forward.

Those of you that use the nail polish method on Sheridans... What's the best way to get the paint into the barrel? On something like a PGP with the feed-tube covering most of the opening on top of the barrel there's precious little room to get the paint in.
Surestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 02:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Cunha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewane View Post
Ive used this trick on my Ghosts over the years,it might work on other breach drop guns also.The front grip screw, screws into the barrel bore right about where a nice widgit would be useful.I have used a dab of JB weld,silicon or 5 minute epoxy to make a little bump on the tip of the grip screw,when screwed in, it sticks up into the barrel just enough to retain paint.You just have to play around with different sizes and compounds to find out what works best for you.


Thats an awesome idea.

With my grey spirit the grip screw comes out in the rear 50 percent of the breech where the feed tube drops the paint. The longer bolt and forward mounted feedtube make that gauge of measurement no good.

Still an awesome idea, i guess il have to buy a ghost to try it :P
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 01:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
Inconceivable!
 
TrracerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ottawa, home. Petawawa, work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by respiegel View Post
I've had good luck with XBall Bronze, its the largest paint my field carries...
It's not larger than other paints, it's just that it's so out of round it wedges in your barrel like a football.

I use it too but still experience light rollout.
TrracerAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 03:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
Happy and homeless
 
sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Alberta Canada
Send a message via MSN to sparky Send a message via Skype™ to sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surestick View Post
Those of you that use the nail polish method on Sheridans... What's the best way to get the paint into the barrel? On something like a PGP with the feed-tube covering most of the opening on top of the barrel there's precious little room to get the paint in.
I used one of those little arts and craft little paintbrushes that you can pick up at craft stores/walmart/dollars stores and such. Think they are about 4 or 5 inches long, long enough to do a PPS marker or sheridian...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
we're talking about camping, not being homeless
Vagabond living on the side of the road in East Asia.
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
respiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Huntsville, AL
Send a message via AIM to respiegel Send a message via Yahoo to respiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrracerAce View Post
It's not larger than other paints, it's just that it's so out of round it wedges in your barrel like a football.

I use it too but still experience light rollout.
really? i've always had good luck with Xball, never had any footballs but MPP Games does bring it in fresh so maybe thats why.
respiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC