mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-03-2007, 12:38 AM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
A good snappy trigger.. good thinking B!

In this day of e-triggers, that is very often overlooked. i like a good slide trigger myself.
If you get a good trigger spring, and then file the sear/hammer contact point you can get a decently crips trigger brake. Having a frame w/ an over travel screw (like the older Carter trigger frames) helps too.
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:42 AM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

Me personally, I always wished there was a way to incorporate a tiny air reserve so when you were changin CO2's you could get one or two shots off, maybe even if they were only at 225-250 fps.

I know WGP had something like that with their pump changers, and so did AGD, but I'd like it in more of a true Nelspot looking package.
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:40 AM   #23 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

I believe that WWA sells a check-valve that you place inside the top part of a CCI 12gram changer.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:07 AM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

Cockerdude, keep your eyes open for a WGP Ranger then. It takes autococker barrels. The only issue is that you may need to add bushings to the smaller barrel to flesh it out to match the pump handle like I did on mine.

It doesn't have the rest but it has your ability to take Freaks or any other autococker barrel set.

I also came across a guy that is reaming out any barrel to accept Freak inserts. Check this out....

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=199748
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

Alright now we are getting somewhere...How about the grip...45, 90...conventional? what would we like there?
Visit my new group page at http://www.facebook.com/JonesGunWorks#!/JonesGunWorks
http://www.youtube.com/user/Legion99999?feature=mhee
Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #26 (permalink)
Corpses Eaten: 0

Fan of EMR
Personaly, I prefer the M16/lonestar mounting system. It's the most versitile.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarakian View Post
Let that be a lesson to all you criminal types. Don't steal old and unique paintball gear. We are the market and we will find you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
he doesn't manage a business, and he should have planned it out better or had some experience in what he was doing before taking pre-orders. the worst part is simply that he took the money and did not refund it... which is fraud.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
I have a Phantom

Send a message via MSN to Rayodder Send a message via Yahoo to Rayodder

So far every suggestion has been done and can be found if you look around
Rayodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:59 PM   #28 (permalink)
Nocturnal

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
incorporate some form of apex or flatline system, or design it as such that a system like that could be swapped in or out. Might be a fun experiment.

My MCB feedback
LUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:25 PM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Well, for me I don't see much wrong with them. I LIKE the simplicity of a small CO2 tank without the weight and bulk of a regulator. And I think most of what makes a gun quiet is letting out the gas in a controlled manner like with drilled barrels and stuff. High pressure or low there needs to be a set amount of air or CO2 behind the paintball to accelerate it to speed and with the ball holding that air in until it unplugs the barrel I think you'll find that the noise is set by that fact more than the operating pressure.
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
Trololol

Send a message via AIM to Meph

Fan of EMR
SC feed on a pivot and pull pin system. Neither Nelson nor Sheridan style is superior in every situation. If I'm in the snake, or shooting uphill (like at EMR attacking Wall 4 of the Castle) I want sheridan style. If I'm shooting downhill, or doing a run through, I want Nelson style.

Current problem? SC feeds are fixated into place. What if it could swivle? If you had a pin that could lock it into place? Basically what I have floating in the noggin is a setup where you pull the pin (it could have a spring return so you let go and it locks back into place, or a locking device like on Intimidator bolts so you can't lose the pin) and you turn the entire feed. You're in the snake, spin to Sheridan. Then you know you're getting up to run to the next bunker, possibly run through. Spin to Nelson. Right on the fly, no tools, no worries.

Since I don't own a machine shop I don't mind sharing this idea. Even though it's a million dollar golden wonka ticket idea!

But besides that. Dream nelson? Undercocking. Cocker threads. Frame assembly and grip frame being 1 solid piece... so you can have the 12g in the grip frame (slam change FTW). Blah blah blah. Many of these things have already all been talked about. But when getting to specifics it would really depend on if the marker is made for Stock Class play, or Open Class play. I couldn't give concrete "do this" details for both as there's just some tweeks that work better in other styles.
Meph is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts