mcarterbrown.com  

ATS AT-85 AT-10 AT-6 AT-4

Old 01-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #21 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Hey Raptor, any update on this?
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #22 (permalink)

Sorry for the delay guys. So far I have got 4 orders from MCB as listed below and 3 orders from the UK, that's a total of 7.

LITO X2

Russc X1

Shadowp68 X1

I was told I needed a minimum of 20 orders for the foremount but I am going to see if I can get that down to 10 and try and get a couple more orders from the UK Raptors.

My plan is to pay for the order and once the parts are in my hand and have been tested by me to make sure they all fit I will then take payment.

Also this weekend I will get some detailed pictures up of the modified top rail.

Thanks for the keen interest!
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
Sun Tzu c. 544
Raptor 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
If needed I would take another formount to help get your needed numbers.
shadowp68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowp68 View Post
If needed I would take another formount to help get your needed numbers.
Thanks Shadow!
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
Sun Tzu c. 544
Old 02-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
Ok I am a very much noob to this ATS group. Still waiting the arrival of my marker. So If i order this part I can get my own rail system and toss it on?
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidpaintball View Post
Ok I am a very much noob to this ATS group. Still waiting the arrival of my marker. So If i order this part I can get my own rail system and toss it on?
Hi and Welcome!

Once these modified parts are added you can 'toss' most rail system on in a few minutes if not seconds. I can interchange from a short barrel CQB set up to a HK 416 style setup in a few minutes and that includes changing front rails, barrels and stock. However, the work is in attaching the modifications I have listed (foremount and top rail). It is not very difficult to attach but nevertheless does need a degree of competence for removing the original parts. I will add a how to in this thread shortly so you can see what needs to be done.
Sun Tzu c. 544
Old 02-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor 10 View Post
I will add a how to in this thread shortly so you can see what needs to be done.
That's what I asked for, before (jan/23).

Also, is it possible to convert an AT-85 body? I guess I'd have to saw the front part off, right?
mpsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
That's what I asked for, before (jan/23).

Also, is it possible to convert an AT-85 body? I guess I'd have to saw the front part off, right?
I missed your previous post. Are you trying to remove the AT4/16 original foremount?

Yes an AT-85 can be converted and you don't need to saw of the front rail. Its a little tricky but can be done. I have done it. In fact this marker was an AT-85
Full auto ATS stand alone paintball marker - YouTube

When I have the time I will post a how to.
Sun Tzu c. 544
Old 02-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Thanks. I ended up buying both an AT-85 and an AT-16. I changed the AT-16 original M-16 handguard for a Magpul one but I was thinking about converting the AT-85 to a shorter version like the one you posted on Jan/06. I'd still like to have the ability to convert it back to front loader capability, though.
mpsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
Thanks. I ended up buying both an AT-85 and an AT-16. I changed the AT-16 original M-16 handguard for a Magpul one but I was thinking about converting the AT-85 to a shorter version like the one you posted on Jan/06. I'd still like to have the ability to convert it back to front loader capability, though.
OK. To convert it back to a front loader it's possible but has issues. I have figured out how to remove the front loader rail without damaging it, below is a picture of a converted AT-85. But once it's off the marker there is little piece that is still attached to the front of the magazine which pushes back the cover on the loaders (see picture A). This part has to be removed to get in a new front foremount. Without it the cover that stops the balls following out of the loader won't be pushed back automatically (see picture b). So you can still use loaders but you will have to manually push back the little cover before inserting the loader, which is not a major problem I guess.

Perhaps the best option for you is to convert the AT-16 to this systems and switch between rails, that's what I currently do.

Picture A

Picture B
Sun Tzu c. 544

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ATS