mcarterbrown.com  

ATS AT-85 AT-10 AT-6 AT-4

Old 01-14-2014, 05:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Every time I do maninatance...

I have to test it cause somethings wrong usually minor but still.

This time I aired up and fired one shot, it locked open and became unresponsive also the mag half cycled so the lug was half way.

I used 4 drops of oil, re-lubed the guide plate (presumably the source of the original problem) and did the half turn regulator thing. After a couple of more tries it seems to be working but I can hear a small leak from the mag well and am wondering if the initial problem and this continuous small leak may be caused by something in the regulator area.

On another note the damn thing is super loud now my ears still hurt and I didn`t have the loudner on it. I guess it takes a few years before it brakes in. Also how do you do signatures, mine doesn`t seem to want to display, Edit: had to make a new post, didn`t show up in the original post for some reason

Last edited by ragu; 01-14-2014 at 06:57 PM.
ragu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

If you are hearing air from the magwell I'd hazard a guess that the regulator is not the issue; IIRC, reg leaks are from the back of the marker (between the grip and ASA). If ibwas a gambling man, I would say to check your magazine. If a pin is/was bent, it might have given you a jam and that jam is what stopped the marker mid cycle.
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

No I don`t think so I hear it from the mag well when the mag is removed, also I checked my mag and it looks fine everything is straight, the chain seems fine and there is no drag when turning it.
I think the guide plate lube helped because it seems to be cycling now its just that small leak I hear.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

So the leak is coming out the magwell? If you listen down the barrel can you hear it? There aren't that many places that can leak, so we should be able to trouble shoot it. Gumby will be able to ID the problem as well.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

If you can hear it in the mag-well it could be either a damaged impulse seal on the main valve or either the piston or cycle valve leaking. The impulse seal will not 'heal' with oil but the other two valves can start to leak if they are dry.
Another possible cause is just a weak cycle. If the rocker does not snap back correctly it can allow the cycle spool to float and not seal completely. This can be solved by a good reset

Damage Inc!

Official ATS Owner's manual online http://www.box.net/shared/dqgglm0bsx
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Still can hear the leak but it sounds smaller than before I had to put my ear directly to the mag well hole to hear it but I can't here anything leaking from down the barrel at all. I put 1 drop of oil in the asa since I had 4 in it a few days ago, did the reset a few times and fired a few semi/full auto shots, same result.

The last time I preformed maintenance on it I noticed the piston oring was a bit lighter than usual also I use a full 48 cu 3000psi steel tank on the asa and I noticed that when turning it a few months ago I think the asa rotated so the entire tank shifted to the left the centre line of the gun viewed from the top I just rotated it back to centre, could that have damaged the impulse seal.

Last edited by ragu; 01-16-2014 at 02:32 PM.
ragu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

If the ASA is rotating, it needs to go back to Gumby. I know this because I am in the process of sending him one for that exact reason. Eventually, it will result in a dead marker.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Damn really? Its a small leak right now I could barly hear it until I put my ear on the mag well, how long before yours failed after you rotated your asa? I don't suppose this is something I can just order a part for and replace it myself with some help?
Old 02-05-2014, 11:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I sent it in once I noticed it. Robb said it would get worse utill the marker stopped working altogether, so I decided to bite the bullet. It wasn't too bad cost wise; I think $35 or so, shipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
I came into this thread looking for paintball advice and now I think I want to be gay. Thanks, MCB.
My feedback thread
Old 02-07-2014, 05:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

Its more of the fact that I live in Canada and probably would have to spend for shipping in both directions plus repair time, if it were possible to repair on my own I wouldn't mind trying but I have a feeling that it isn't. I am just wondering how much it would cost to send a new the back half of the ats marker just the piston and asa included (not sure what else is on the back half that I would need) and without the grip and regulator (as I can remove them and put them onto the new part). That way I would have a somewhat functional spare as a backup and it might be more economically sound to do it that way.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ATS