mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-23-2006, 05:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
First techy post!!!

Got a big techie question for you guys. Does having an autococker timed too tightly cause inconsistant velocities? Today at Canobie I would have massive shootdown when shooting extremely rapidly. I'm betting it's on count of the pneumatics actuating too early. Would I be correct?

Edit: PS I'm running a nitro bottle through nylatron macroline (The kind Have Blue sells on airsoldier) into the stock reg on a 2002 autococker.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
chuff chuff

Brass and Wood Fan
There are a lot of things that could cause that. It could have been an issue with balancing the springs, the stock regs are robust but not exactly high peformance. If it's shoot down it probably has something to do with the tank/reg/valve area.

How was it at Canobie? I thought about going but I didn't feel like getting up early and driving way down there to play in the rain.
Hobbes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kool Mod

Send a message via AIM to Weltz4u

CCM Fan
Most of the time "shoot down " is a result of improperly functioning in line regultor or your tank regulator. Have you cleaned and lubed your inlne reg lately?
Weltz4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
I've lubed it, it's just that I can't take it apart, because it's set up perfectly right now. And it's not shoot down from rapid fire per se, it's more from me pulling the trigger faster (Like slapping on the trigger as opposed to squeezing the trigger would cause lower velocities.)

And canobie in all fairness, they made the effort to have it fun, but I thought it sucked. It really did. Even though the paint was my fault because I bought stingers when I could have easily afforded better stuff, but most of it was just BS. The only real highlight is the last game in the village when they throw all the smoke grenades, but I got eliminated early on because a ref wouldn't get out of the way so I could shoot my lane to lock down the snake. They didn't switch starting points for the teams when the games ended, which made it EXTREMELY unfair for my team who's reinsertion point was in the very back of the field, in the woods with very difficult terrain to move through (Extremely hilly, several creek beds, so on, so forth.) and very tricky to get to a position to defend it, while the other team's reinsertion point was in a speedball field with plenty of flat terrain bunkers facing towards the woods, which made it extremely easy to do so, then run us out of their territory and dominate the field again after we manage to use up all our paint and air charging towards them. Communication on our team was very sparse, nobody knew where more than one dozen of the other team was at any given moment. Basically, my team pretty much had handcuffs on it the whole way through. All in all, just an exercise in frustration. The other players in the staging area were great guys though, it was just set up so it was nigh impossible for one team to win.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
chuff chuff

Brass and Wood Fan
Sounds like no fun (particularly in the cold/rain), glad I didn't go
Hobbes is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Autocockers

« - | Powerlyte Merlin »