mcarterbrown.com  

Avratech Home of the Retro 7

Old 08-18-2015, 11:54 AM   #21 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

What a waste of a nice design and people's hard earned money.

When the supposed "company" dissolved, he should have just shipped all of the unfinished parts to people for self-assembly.

Good luck guys, hope that you're able to get some type of suit in order.
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
ҿ

I sent Josh another email a week ago and still nothing. Has anyone been able to reach him recently?
splat15k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:25 PM   #23 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
After Stilgar took the (long overdue) action he did receive a message from Josh/AVratech.

I will simply paraphrase it, as it is not for me to share:

"hahaha your thread is my new favourite thread. People who were patient and understanding will get their product. Everyone else wanted to see me fail, and wants to see me fail more than they want their parts/markers"

he labels the members: parasites, nasty, and blames the community for his failure.

As usual he took no responsibility, and blamed everyone (but himself).

Josh talks a lot about how hard he has to work to make the money necessary to finish the product - and I have no doubt that he works hard: we all do. In the same breath however, he has little or no respect for how hard EVERYONE WHO GAVE HIM $20k+ worked for that money, and what a colossal child he has been about the whole process.

There is ONE person alone responsible for the failure to deliver the promised goods - it is not the members, it is not Stilgar (you should see the choice words he reserved for Stilgar). I worry no one will ever see their money/or product - not because Josh isn't capable of delivering, but why would he? He doesn't seem to feel responsible? He has used careful language at every turn to put the blame for this fiasco on everyone and everything else.

It is too bad. He was a delightful young man, sad to see it turn out this way.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
B.A.M.F.

CCM Fan
Say what you want about the man. His guns are phenomenal.
I really don't like that people who paid for them will never get to see why these guns are so good.
Super69ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super69ur View Post
Say what you want about the man. His guns are phenomenal.
they are. I know there have been a couple of issues, but I have been a big fan of the R7 since I first held one.

I must say though, I am not saying what I 'want' about him, I am in fact sad to opine on what I have seen transpire.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
B.A.M.F.

CCM Fan
It is sad. And pathetic. Perhaps once his next business venture tanks, (assuming he runs along the same business principles) he will start to think that perhaps the problem lies with himself. One could only hope.

For him to think that ANYONE who is pissed with him would actively WANT him to fail is ludicrous. The community WANTS people like Josh to succeed. They WANT their product they paid for, do they not?!? This want has created a leniency that obviously stretched too far. Josh took advantage of that, and now he's bitching about it?!?

As far as I'm concerned, he can go pick fly poop out of pepper.

Last edited by Super69ur; 08-18-2015 at 12:49 PM.
Super69ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:01 PM   #27 (permalink)
Pancake

CCM Fan
Jeez Josh went all scarface in his second to last one.

"maybe they want me to be a villain so they can feel no guilt in taking every easy shot at me"

Reminds me of the say goodnight to the bad guy speech!

That being said, cool design and good luck for those trying to get their markers!
If one is going to be an ambassador to the sport do your best to try to convey to new players what the sport is about and attempt to convey the same message to the players that are being abusive.
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
Proud Member of UCSF

IMO you want to start a business, you design a product and source the materials/parts/machining, factor in labor and figure out what the end product will cost to build, you find your margin for profit and figure out what you need to charge people per unit to achieve your goals so you can come out ahead.

after you take everyones money you produce the first run and then realize you don't have the funds to finish so you start siphoning money that's supposed to be designated to new orders and use them to finish the last run. seems like a poorly thought out business venture to me.

did he go wrong by trying to get situated in a warehouse off the bat, bought some of his own equipment and spent the money he took for markers on his overhead, was it that those early extended vacations he took in the beginning were on Avratechs dime before they actually started to see profit or were the trips actually paid for by his family as he claims.

Regardless of the circumstances or the here say the company tanked due to poor planning from the get go, we should have seen the warning signs but we were all caught up in an amazingly product that wowed so many, we all saw the success of the first run and wanted a piece of the action for ourselves and despite Avratechs downfall Josh seemed optimistic that he could live up to his end of the bargain but after a few years people got impatient and Josh found it easier to bury his head in the sand hiding behind a dissolved company claiming no ownership when the whole project was his baby from the begining.

People had simple request to give them reassurance of hope and Josh was too freaking lazy to lift a finger and give his investors anything and resorted to bashing people for loosing faith and patience after waiting years to begin with. Avratechs failures, tarnished name and bad reputation solely rest on Joshes shoulders weather he is man enough to admit his failures or not.

he had markers (falcons) returned to him for basic fixes/repairs that were supposed to be in and out with quick turn over using stock he supposedly has available yet he has been sitting on them for over a year now, could he show how little he cares for his investors any better.

mans a class act looser who would rather hide and name call than rectify the situation and work towards building his reputation back to something people could learn to once again respect and I regret investing in someone who turned out to be so spineless because I seriously doubt at this point that the majority of us still waiting on our goods will ever receive anything, tho I challenge Josh to prove me wrong, to prove he is not the looser we have all come to paint him as and to show that he is in fact the stand up guy he has always claimed to be.

Last edited by Schmitti; 08-19-2015 at 10:21 PM. Reason: paragraphs are your friend :D
Butch3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Remember, R7's started off as a $199 project that morphed into a company requiring a few times that amount for things to happen.

IMO, the space that they rented and signed a lease to was too large. I know that you want to have a nice space to work in, but did none of that group of friends have a garage to do things in? Overhead like that can bury you before you know if the company/products are viable.

Making stuff is hard, trust me, I know. But, the acquiring of stuff and space were far outpacing the making of stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 03:05 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
Remember, R7's started off as a $199 project that morphed into a company requiring a few times that amount for things to happen.

IMO, the space that they rented and signed a lease to was too large. I know that you want to have a nice space to work in, but did none of that group of friends have a garage to do things in? Overhead like that can bury you before you know if the company/products are viable.

Making stuff is hard, trust me, I know. But, the acquiring of stuff and space were far outpacing the making of stuff.
There's a good amount of very valuable small business examples around here, good and bad. I often get an urge to collect them for a sticky, but they would make a small book as well. Including production, services, and third party sales, there's a good business education buried here that I fear may fade in the future.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Avratech