mcarterbrown.com  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2012

Zenith II cocking issue

So, I have have tried to send a PM to Azodin Tech but for some reason messages are not submitting (showing 0 sent after submitting?)

Anyways,

I keep having issues with my new ZII

After several rounds (approx. 10 but exact count doesn't matter) the bolt stops and stays in the forward position. I can re-cock the marker which usually results in a chopped ball but it will do the same thing.

Is this issue related to the striker O-Ring? I have tested with full 4500PSI tanks. Semi and PSP mode with eyes ON/OFF have also been tested. I am out of air is why I can not immediately test the lube problem but wanted to get some input prior to testing again for any other recommendations by this weekend.

assistance would be most appreciated.

thank you
Chupa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Active Member
 
shogo242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011

You can always contact Azodin directly at tech@azodin.com or at 909-468-3600.

It sounds like you might have excess pressure behind the valve or the velocity adjustment screw on the back is too far in.

Try resetting both of these to factory settings:

The rear velocity adjuster should only show about 2 threads.

The regulator can be reset using the following:

1. Degas the marker and clear out the air from the regulator
2. Turn the regulator adjustment screw all the way in (closed position)
3. Turn the regulator adjustment screw out 2.5 turns

This should get you back to about 225 psi on the regulator. If you are still experiencing this issues you might want to inspect your regulator seat for damages. This pieces is P086 and you want to look at the red plastic piece that is seated in the brass housing. To get to this pieces you will need to remove the c-clip at the bottom of the regulator.
shogo242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2012

Thanks,

I will check that out this weekend when i get some air and proceed to contact Azodin if i still have any issues. I appreciate the input.
Chupa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive
 
PistolRogue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jackson, NJ
Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Before you go too crazy, once you get air, try backing your tank off a quarter turn or so in the ASA. This sounds remarkably like a problem BT's used to have when they had an ASA with the inlet port machined too far away from the center of the ASA. Basically it caused the top face of the regulator to block the flow of air into the ASA. So if backing your tank out a little solves the problem that's probably what's going on.
__________________
Jay AKA Rogue Reservoir Dogs Scenario Paintball Team- Our $#&* is RIGOROUS!
My Gear For SALE!
Check Out My Mod Threads : Pirate DSG - SA17 Mods - Simple/Cheap/Free TPX Mods - The 'Big Damn Hero' DRV
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Before you go too crazy, once you get air, try backing your tank off a quarter turn or so in the ASA. This sounds remarkably like a problem BT's used to have when they had an ASA with the inlet port machined too far away from the center of the ASA. Basically it caused the top face of the regulator to block the flow of air into the ASA. So if backing your tank out a little solves the problem that's probably what's going on.
Thanks I will give that a shot also. I was going to test the previous effort this past weekend but ran out of time so I will look into your input tomorrow as well.
Chupa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2012

quick update:

I tried the slight turn out of the tank to fix the issue with no success. I installed a CP ASA also with same results. I stripped down the regulator last night to inspect all of the orings and the small red plastic piece. all of the orings are in good condition and the red piece is there and doesn't look damaged that I can tell. For the rear velocity screw I have approximately two threads showing.

Running through the manual the marker shipped with the zero-d screw all of the way out even though factory setting is about 2 rotations in. Striker oring also is in good condition. with all of these checked I still have the issue: bolt will not recoil back to a cocked position. I would suspect the solenoid not operated correctly but would that cause the bolt to not reset?

I tried calling azodin (rather phone than an email) and nobody answer the us location. I read on another forum earlier this year they closed the US location, anyone confirm that? tried calling the asia numbers and nobody answers either

If anyone has an idea of what is causing the issue, even if its something I need to recheck I thought was ok, I would appreciate the input.


thanks
Chupa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Active Member
 
shogo242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupa83 View Post
quick update:

I tried the slight turn out of the tank to fix the issue with no success. I installed a CP ASA also with same results. I stripped down the regulator last night to inspect all of the orings and the small red plastic piece. all of the orings are in good condition and the red piece is there and doesn't look damaged that I can tell. For the rear velocity screw I have approximately two threads showing.

Running through the manual the marker shipped with the zero-d screw all of the way out even though factory setting is about 2 rotations in. Striker oring also is in good condition. with all of these checked I still have the issue: bolt will not recoil back to a cocked position. I would suspect the solenoid not operated correctly but would that cause the bolt to not reset?

I tried calling azodin (rather phone than an email) and nobody answer the us location. I read on another forum earlier this year they closed the US location, anyone confirm that? tried calling the asia numbers and nobody answers either

If anyone has an idea of what is causing the issue, even if its something I need to recheck I thought was ok, I would appreciate the input.


thanks
The Zero-D screw is suppose to be turned all the way out to meet the c-clip. The c-clip takes up a thread or so, thus the setting is about 2 turns in. I still believe the issues you are experiencing are from the regulator (mostlikely from the regulator seat).

If you've already tried to adjust the regulator and it seems to do nothing, then the seat could be knicked or could have some damage on it. A damaged seat to lead to irregular pressure settings and lead to too much pressure behind the valve.

Azodin Paintball is still open. If you called around the time of your post, then they aren't open yet as it is about 8:xx am in California. Try calling back during their normal business ours of 9am to 5:30pm. In Asia its pretty much midnight. Try calling back or try emailing them at tech@azodin.com
shogo242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogo242 View Post
The Zero-D screw is suppose to be turned all the way out to meet the c-clip. The c-clip takes up a thread or so, thus the setting is about 2 turns in. I still believe the issues you are experiencing are from the regulator (mostlikely from the regulator seat).

If you've already tried to adjust the regulator and it seems to do nothing, then the seat could be knicked or could have some damage on it. A damaged seat to lead to irregular pressure settings and lead to too much pressure behind the valve.

Azodin Paintball is still open. If you called around the time of your post, then they aren't open yet as it is about 8:xx am in California. Try calling back during their normal business ours of 9am to 5:30pm. In Asia its pretty much midnight. Try calling back or try emailing them at tech@azodin.com
Thanks for the clarification on that. I will look closer at the regulator.
Chupa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Azodin

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC