mcarterbrown.com

Bob Long BLAST - Bob Long Action Sports Technologies

Old 09-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Step over the line...

Loosing my mind over a leaky alias Please HELP!!

Hey there, I'm going to try and be concise but I have a feeling this is to be a bit wordy. Please bear with me! The alias in the picture is not mine, its just the first picture of one I could find.

I have mis-placed my gopro, otherwise I would post a video since I think that would help.

Have an 05 alias with virtue board, otherwise stock.

put air to it the other day for the first time in many years and had a bad leak near the back of the gun.

bought a rebuild kit for it and replaced EVERY oring in/on/around/near/beside/under/next to/ and behind the gun.

the leaky ram/ram sleeve was fixed; but created the following:

New leaks:
down barrel
around the lpr (see picture below)
out of the lpr adjustment screw.

I broke down the lpr and replaced the orings in there and installed (hybrid?) lpr parts and internals

this fixed one of the lpr leaks (out the adjustment screw) but the threading for the lpr cap (see #2 below) still leaks.

I replaced the poppit oring again and made sure the poppit top hat and such parts were in good shape.

The gun is a few years old but didn't see much field time when it was new. shortly after buying it (new, I'm the original owner) It hit the gearbag for a 5 year hiatus.

I have watched countless videos and read numerous threads regarding similar issues and short of buying a whole new poppit and lpr setup I have exhausted my know-how, tools, spare parts and energy.

Please respond with any suggestions you may have. I'm lost.

THANKS!!
Honesty and Integrity are the basis of a true man. You cannot have one and expect the other. Both must be earned and fought for. It is not easy, nor should it be. I will not be tempted into making the easy decisions over the right ones
lurch_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Loud Pipes Save Lives

CCM Fan
are you using dow 55 on the orings? not saying it will fix everything but may help, especially the one on the back of the LPR. as for the cupseal, what is your HPR putting out? and did you replace the orings on the ram sleeve? again, dow 55 on all the orings, let it sit over night.
sniper15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Step over the line...

Have some dow 55 in the mail. will report back once I try that.. was using dow 33, didn't know it was that picky
Honesty and Integrity are the basis of a true man. You cannot have one and expect the other. Both must be earned and fought for. It is not easy, nor should it be. I will not be tempted into making the easy decisions over the right ones
Old 09-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Loud Pipes Save Lives

CCM Fan
helps em swell a little bit to seal better. good stuff, if its bob long, may as well have some dow 55 layin around
sniper15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Step over the line...

That's what I keep hearing. I hope the 55 comes in soon. I'm itching to get the alias back on the field!
Old 12-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
wookie in a mask

Send a message via Yahoo to p8ntballr68059

Palmers Fan
Did thos get fixed? It kinda sounds like maybe the screw hole puncture a little to me. If so get good with jb weld

p8ntballr68059 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Bob Long