mcarterbrown.com  

Brass Eagle Brass Eagle owners can hang out here

Old 10-28-2011, 03:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

A gift, but can I make this Rainmaker functional?

This is what I got;

Do I have everything I need to put together a functioning marker? I've even seen one converted to pump, any help would be greatly appreciated .

p.s. I think I am missing the detente.
DozerLVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Plays on the cheap

Yep, looks like you're missing the wire detent. Also the LP hose running from the LPR in the back to the MAC valve in the front. I'm pretty sure standard LP cocker hose would work (I've used it for the ram/MAC valve lines...), but I'm not 100% on that.

Other than that, it's pretty complete. Can't quite tell if there's a trigger switch on the wiring harness or not... If not and it's not in the trig frame then you can pick one up from a Radio Shack for dirt cheap.

glaman5266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

Time to Tinker. . .
Old 10-28-2011, 03:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Looks like you also have a mag vert ASA, a common mod. And an adjustable LPR. Maybe a Rock? Thats a HUGE improvement. You simply hook it to the reg-block with a brass elbow, and feed the solenoid directly. It gives you the advantage of being able to increase the PSI to improve speed, and avoid "skips". Plus, something like the rock would be venting, which would protect your solenoid.

Like said above, only thing missing is lp tubing, and ASA/bottomline/etc. Hopefully the noid is not blown, or the board. Is that a mini-morlock? I think those are small enough that you can squeeze that 9V in the grip. Otherwise you are stuck using velcro (which is how they came from the factory!).

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

Oh boy, I think I need to find a set of step-by-step set of instructions on how to put this thing together.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Plays on the cheap

Here's the old Rainmaker Owners' Group site. It's a backup of the old site, but there's some valuable information in there (exploded view, wiring diagram, modifications, etc.). It's also in one of the sticky threads at the top of this forum.

Rainmaker Owners Group

Old 10-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DozerLVL View Post
Oh boy, I think I need to find a set of step-by-step set of instructions on how to put this thing together.
Shroud goes last.

I was trying to figure out where the hose and wiring all ran and kept putting the shroud on, and taking it off...
Old 10-31-2011, 01:24 AM   #8 (permalink)

All right, I need some professional help here.

Should there be an O-ring here?

Why is my board so small. . . and why are there only 3 wires going to the micro switch when there are three leads? Speaking of wires, why are some cut off?

Hey look, I have two bolts! why are the O-rings different?

Speaking of doubles who are not the same, check out my trigger frames.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

There seems to be a lot of modding that has gone on here.

I guess what I'm looking for is someone to hold my hand on this, at least until I get this thing put all the way together. Did I mention I'm missing screws? .
Old 10-31-2011, 09:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Plays on the cheap

Quote:
All right, I need some professional help here.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...inmaker014.jpg
Should there be an O-ring here? Yes. See this diagram for other o-ring locations: 99 Rainmaker Exploded Parts View

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...inmaker012.jpg
Why is my board so small. . . and why are there only 3 wires going to the micro switch when there are three leads? Speaking of wires, why are some cut off? You mean 2 wires going to the switch? I believe you only need 2. As for the cut off wires, you should only need 2 for the battery, 2 for the trig switch, and 2 for the MAC valve. The other 2 could possibly be eye wires or for an on/off switch. Factory Rainmakers never had eyes and RMs after '98 never had an on/off switch (if I'm wrong, someone correct me on this). That looks like an aftermarket board. If you're interested, look at the link I previously posted and click "Wiring Harness" in the left-hand column near the top. That demonstrates the wiring for a factory board.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...inmaker009.jpg

Hey look, I have two bolts! why are the O-rings different? Possibly replaced by a previous owner? Not sure on the correct size.

Speaking of doubles who are not the same, check out my trigger frames.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...inmaker004.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...inmaker003.jpg
Maybe the pins are for the mictroswitch? A factory trig switch would just sit in the casting (large, round clunker of a switch). Also, look at the top frame in the top pic. There's a hole about halfway down the front of the frame, kinda below where the safety goes. Can't remember with generation RM it was (I believe '99, not sure though), but BE put a select-fire board in it that was adjusted via a dip switch. Pop the grip panel off and you could access it through that hole and adjust for semi, 3rd burst, and full-auto.
See the red text.
Quote:
There seems to be a lot of modding that has gone on here.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...inmaker008.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...inmaker007.jpg
Looks like someone drilled out the block for better airflow. Look in the link I gave you and click on "Gutting the stock regulator" on the left. You'll see how the block is drilled out. Also take the round piece off the back and see if the volumizer mod was done. You'll know it was if the round piece was drilled out as well.

I guess what I'm looking for is someone to hold my hand on this, at least until I get this thing put all the way together. Did I mention I'm missing screws? .
Again, look at this link: Rainmaker Owners Group
Go over pretty much everything in the column on the left. It tells you everything from wiring schematics to exploded views to modifications.

Also try posting in the Ask the Experts forum on here with your pic of the board. Perhaps someone knows what it is.

Last edited by glaman5266; 10-31-2011 at 10:01 AM. Reason: additions

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Brass Eagle