mcarterbrown.com  

Brass Eagle Brass Eagle owners can hang out here

Old 12-07-2006, 04:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

BE Nightmare leaking

Just got it a few days ago (its a non-comp shorty), apparently the guy bought it in '89 or somesuch and has never even played with it. It seemed to need some cleaning, but the co2 loaded and it fired fine.

well, i managed to take it apart and put it back together again, though i couldn't remove anything from the upper barrel (punching pin and housing), i tried lightly hammering it out but it looks like it gets caught on the threading of the co2 cap.
I put it all together again, and now it's leaking all at once from the top barrel out of the set screws I'm about to take it apart again but im afraid i won't even know what to look for.

Anyone know where to get o-rings for one of these (if that's the problem)? if not from the internets, then does anyone know what sizes from the hardware store?

I really hope i didn't screw up too badly, it's such a nice looking marker.
wmcheesemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

haha, just an update for anyone thats interested, apparently you gotta take out the rear sight screws to remove the punch pin housing. I removed it, cleaned up (didn't really need to though, the o-rings are in great condition) put it all back together and now it's stopped leaking so much.

Anybody out there use these specific pumps and have any tips or anything? I'd like to learn as much as i can about it.
I'm also looking for any way i could attach a sight rail to the barrel, or basically any other modifications that could be done to it.
wmcheesemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Well, having previously owned one and having been forced to rebuild all the valve seals, I'll give you this piece of advice, don't take it apart if its working. They are a nightmare to get sealed sometimes. (pun intended) Also, when thinking about modifications, try to stay away from any permanent alterations as they diminish the resale value.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 05:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Resident Marker Monger

Send a message via Yahoo to hmudd13

I used to help run a field up in Canada back in 1989 which had nightmares as a field marker.
I quickly found out that they got their name from an airsmith's point of view. and not for what they could do on the field.

They fall into the category of "if they aren't broke, don't fix em"

Yet still, I love the old brass eagles.
And as I was told by Aldo Perrone himself......."oil it, LOTS, then oil it again"

As far as mods go.....you could solder sight rails on the brass ones and JB weld the aluminums

WTB..... SMG clip catcher, SMG internal air line.
WTB .... Oct/88 APG.Got it, Thanks Dan

NO'MAAM #29
My Markers
MCB Feedback
AO Feedback
Ebay Feedback 100%

Quoting WOLLFFY on AO;
I don't recall mentioning trades, especially not for smart Farts. Thanks though.
hmudd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pretty sure I'm not 'Agg'

Nightmare is notorious for having burrs inside the lower valve tube. Particularly where the frame and pump arm screws enter the tube. These burrs will nick the o-rings when you re-insert the valve. Solution is to wrap a piece of emery cloth around a dowel rod and sand the burrs out. Clean lower tube thuroughly after this operation. Then you can replace the o-rings and re-install the valve. The o-rings on the outside of the valve body can be found at an well stocked hardware or plumbing store. There is nothing special about them. Buna-N o-rings work just fine. Like the post above says, oil the snot out of it before re-installing the valve. Only 3 unique seals in the Nightmare, two are inside the valve body (the cup seal and the valve tube o-ring) the other unique seal is the puncture pin seal. If you need replacements for any of the seals inside valve I have them.
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass N Wood Fan
you can actually flip the cup seal over as a stop gap
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
here's your chance to be cool like Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

I don't know about sight rails, but when I got mine it had a half-inch clamping scope mount (clamps around top tube and scope). It's kinda jury-rig looking, but it works.

My feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
b-cuzz is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Brass Eagle