mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Carter Machine (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/carter-machine/)
-   -   Carter Termite knowledge (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/carter-machine/188984-carter-termite-knowledge.html)

original farside 01-19-2012 09:38 PM

Carter Termite knowledge

I am lookng for any info about the markers. Other than R.J. Who has one? I already had some knowledge and expanded mine while searching this site. Mostly i am wondering how many were made and what options were available? Pricing $$. Who has pictures other than the two in vintage rex and R.J.?
I MIGHT have a bomb to drop.

Stitch 01-19-2012 09:41 PM

paintballedbackin88 was talking about termites some - go check out the thread he did about state of paintball I think it was

original farside 01-19-2012 11:01 PM

gonna stir the pot
[IMG]http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/p...side/rifle.jpg[/IMG]

BigOldSkool 01-19-2012 11:10 PM

I had one... I sold it dumbly. It was black with gold accents, matching stock... was a drop out gun but it was modded for back bottle at some point.

Only think I remember was the barrel bore was odd.. it was larger but the bolt than in the muzzle.

R.J. 01-21-2012 09:16 PM

Nice Termite.

Is it a Carter Termite or a Termite Smith Termite?

Has Tim Stone Grips on it and looks like the second group of Markers thatTermite built.

Nice find.

RJ

R.J. 01-22-2012 07:34 AM

I wish to change my reply.

Looks to be one of the early Termite Smith marker.

What part of the country did this come from?

Most of these were on the west coast other than the 3 that belonged to Sam Caldwel, Jim Lively and myself.

Nice find.

RJ

EDIT
Master Blasters had markers made from his second run of markers, I have one of these now.

paintballedbackin88 01-22-2012 09:08 AM

I made a mistake earlier when I said I had a carter termite. I had a carter Buzzard. The termite gun and the Buzzard were based on the frank gun, from Wolfpack. Frank gun had a steel barrel with removeable direct feed block.

I played frequently at fields of fury/fire in valencia, Ca and saw termite there frequently with various members of those guy and that gal. I remember seeing termite's gun and Jerry Yandell, Sr.'s gun up close and thinking it looked like a "buffed" carter comp due to the removeable direct feed and Tim stone grips/wood grips. I think termite was only making them for friends and teammates, but I'm speculating on that.

I asked Earon about it and he told me that was a frank gun that termite built and that he made them as well, the Buzzard. I asked Earon to build me a polished one to match my polished carter, a twin tank clone of youngblood's. Only diff was that I had a 16inch barrel, whereas youngblood's had a 20 inch barrel.

The Buzzard I had was a 14inch barrel with a black ano'd metal pump with the inner grooves milled out and polished. It also had a carter pump quick change and carter L stock. I never owned a termite smith marker and apologize for the error. I owned a custom carter comp and carter Buzzard. This forum is a constant reminder of my stupidity and lack of foresight. The pangs of regret still haunt me for selling them and buying new great markers has not diminished those regrets.

I'd easily trade my karni and factory 2 to have them back.

Regards

paintballedbackin88 01-22-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.J. (Post 2175072)
Nice Termite.

Is it a Carter Termite or a Termite Smith Termite?

Has Tim Stone Grips on it and looks like the second group of Markers thatTermite built.

Nice find.

RJ

Technically, if it was made by Earon Carter it would be a Buzzard. The termite and Buzzard are based on the Frank gun from the team Wolfpack. Termite Smith guns I think are rare in that he made them mostly for teammates and friends, but I could be mistaken.

R.J. 01-22-2012 10:01 AM

From what I have been told Carter did make a few Termites, but I could be wrong.

RJ

paintballedbackin88 01-22-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.J. (Post 2175579)
From what I have been told Carter did make a few Termites, but I could be wrong.

RJ

I can be wrong as well. We are both discussing 20 year old markers. I think we're close. It's prob best to ask Earon or Jessica sparks, someone else from that era with more intimate knowledge.