mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Carter Machine (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/carter-machine/)
-   -   Anywhere to buy Carter Buzzard Main body/Snub (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/carter-machine/220197-anywhere-buy-carter-buzzard-main-body-snub.html)

waytoorandom 12-03-2012 07:50 PM

Anywhere to buy Carter Buzzard Main body/Snub

Just got a buzzard off ebay and it doesn't have the mainbody.

The Carter website says 2-3 weeks for it to ship out.

Anybody know of any other online stores that may have faster turnaround?

pk5 12-03-2012 11:24 PM

Just the snub? I can check with them to see if they (Carter Machine) have any instock, sometime Earon have them laying around.

worrptangl 12-03-2012 11:28 PM

He should have some. He has a trailer full of parts that could build an unknown number of guns. I've seen the inside of it, and I'm sure there is some one off in there that he forgot about LOL!

laxpro69 12-03-2012 11:28 PM

I hope you saw that in the photos, he never mentioned it.

waytoorandom 12-04-2012 08:40 AM

I honestly don;t know much about buzzards. It seems that all it needs is the snub.

It has the complete feed, rail, all internals, barrel, barrel spring, frame, all the stuff, except the main body. Not sure if there is some kind of detent or anything else I would need.

help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Marathon 12-05-2012 07:43 PM

It might be worth sending the parts you have to Carter Machine. A lot of Carter guns are unique. Some parts are interchangeable, some are not. Sending the existing gun to Carter Machine ensures you get something that will work. Getting a random snub from Carter may mean various holes don't line up quite right.

808raoul 12-06-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon (Post 2553910)
It might be worth sending the parts you have to Carter Machine. A lot of Carter guns are unique. Some parts are interchangeable, some are not. Sending the existing gun to Carter Machine ensures you get something that will work. Getting a random snub from Carter may mean various holes don't line up quite right.

I also recommend this. It might take longer, but better in the long run.

sniper97 12-06-2012 07:23 PM

Marathon has some great advise! Each marker is custom made and parts may/may not be interchangeable....although the stub should be a standard part.

waytoorandom 12-07-2012 09:04 AM

Well, I was just fooling around and threw a trracer body on there. fit right on. So I would guess the stub is standard nelson based size tube body.

I'm not planning on shooting this. I shoot 'cocker pumps and picked this up as a resale item cause I got a great price.

If whoever lives near the Carter Customs shop could find out about snub availability I would be very appreciative. I can;t seem to find an e-mail address on their store website.

pk5 12-07-2012 11:12 AM

I'll ask today, but if he doesn't have any in stock then there is likely to be a very very long delay. Earon is not feeling well at all, so carter machine will not accept any new work in a while.