mcarterbrown.com  

Carter's Commando Home of the Hawaiian wearing, louder is better, let's just have fun paintball team.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Maine chapter of Carter's Commando

Was wondering if you have any players in Maine part of Carter's Commando? i have been playing for 19 years, am a gun whore, and go out to just have fun. I have not played at castle yet do you money reasons but trying to make spring castle 2010. If you do not have a member in Maine i would to spread the word and the hawaiian shirts up here.
woodviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
I think HP_Lovecraft is in maine somewheres.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
Yes, there are quite a few old school Mainers who gather here.

I get up there from time to time myself.

D
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

just wanted to make sure if i start wearing a hawaian shirt and the patches that i am going to buy you do not take any offence at it i play at field 51 will be wearing the shirt on the pump day
Old 09-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Yes, there are quite a few old school Mainers who gather here. I get up there from time to time myself.
And the state has not recovered from the last time......

Quote:
i have been playing for 19 years, am a gun whore, and go out to just have fun
Where have you been playing? I've been playing for 25 years, though paintball is mostly dead in the state right now. 90% of the fields in Southern Maine have closed in the last few years.

So I do not get to play very often. Thats one reason I make a Castle trip every year. As the expression goes "If your going to have a cookie, have a cookie".

Its not as expensive as you think. The camping is all free. Paint is resonable, and Carter usually works out a bulk discount. Air/co2 is free. My biggest expense is usually gas, but that can be resolved by car pooling.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
My wife DOES tend to slay a lot of lobsters when we are there.

I played at a place near Lewiston back during college years in the late 80's/early 90's. As I sit here right now, I cannot seem to recall the name of the place. I think it was out by the Oxford Plains Speedway.

Saw the Dead there once.

Nicole and I will be in Maine on Wednesday in fact.

D
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

woodviper and I play at field 51 in gorham

we're in today's paper actually :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
PKM - BOOSH!

CCM Fan
I may be stationed in Colorado but Maine is my home. Traveled alot in my younger years to different events.

You guys should check out the field I worked at/help run for a long time. Its the Flying Dutchman field in Guilford Maine. The owner and I didnt see eye to eye and he hates me now... but I was proud of the field when I worked there. Its been 3 or 4 years since I was there so I dont know how good it is now... but the fields were immaculate and the best urban course you can find. He also has a good collection of vintage guns... and the best ones he doesnt even show to people.

My Feedback

everex5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by everex5 View Post
Its the Flying Dutchman field in Guilford Maine. The owner and I didnt see eye to eye and he hates me now.
Its amazing that the field is still around. I remember it being listed in APG back in the 80s! I always wanted to make a trip, but it was too far of a drive.

When the fields in southern maine closed in the early 90s, I ended up hitting the southern NH fields (ie Seacost, Triad, Canobie, and AGNH), and ended up working at AGNH for most of the decade.

I do know a group makes a trip from the Flying Dutchman field to EMR every Spring Castle (They have the adjacent camp site). I introduced myself in "classic" EMR style..... my vomiting right in front of there tent!! They laughed it off...

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

There are very few fields in the state I think most player are playing outlaw in this state. play and ref at Field 51 in Gorham. have played at rogue and firestorm when they were open. I started playing in Jersey and Penn I believe i played at EMR before the castle was built back in the early 90's mostly fields in New Jersey I will be either reffing or playing this Sat at Field 51 for the walk on day.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball Teams » Carter's Commando