mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 05-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #21 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to esparzar Send a message via MSN to esparzar Send a message via Yahoo to esparzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by spymongoose View Post
one word on the "angle" and grip panels...

cz75

That one word ought to bring the intelligence level of this thread go up to acceptable MCB standards.
that's not one word, more like a series of random letters and numbers
esparzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #22 (permalink)
68 Cal Junkie

the CCM 86* frame is based on the grip of the cz75 pistol, to include grip panels. The angle was altered by CCM, but the original angle is kept by the phantom frame.

86* really quite the misnomer, particularly in the phantom application, and is leading to a lot of confusion in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agglet View Post
Vampirism is no joke get tested.
spymongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar View Post
From what I understand Mike may pick up the 86 frames from CCM to put on his markers. Last time I talked to him he was thinking about doing it and talking to CCM about it.
Now THAT would make my day.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
Meek wizard

Send a message via ICQ to Ghostpilot Send a message via AIM to Ghostpilot Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostpilot

Even though your post contained a fair amount of info and a goggle-dive on the word "cz75" yeilded some interesting info and images, I can't really shake the feeling that you just insulted me in some subtile way by phrasing your reply like you did. You know, you could have just told us instead of making us hunt for the information on google. That would have been the more nice thing to do. Even so, I also feel I must thank you for your input. Should I be grateful or offended?

EDIT: After mabe 1 minute of thinking: Do you imply that the intelligence level of the topic was below your usual standard?

EDIT AGAIN: So the name 86 doesn't have enything to do with angle at all does it? Then what does the name come from? Does that mean the phantom 86grip has an angle that is most like the cz75 handgun grip angle and that the 86 grips that CCM has on their markers is much altered but still use the same type of grip panel as the CZ75. I don't own a CCM marker, so please don't assume I know stuff that you CCM owners take for granted. Think of me as stupid, when you explain things to me and we'll avoid all missunderstandings in the future.

Quote:
one word on the "angle" and grip panels...

cz75

That one word ought to bring the intelligence level of this thread go up to acceptable MCB standards.

Last edited by Ghostpilot; 05-08-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Ghostpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #25 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostpilot View Post
Even though your post contained a fair amount of info and a goggle-dive on the word "cz75" yeilded some interesting info and images, I can't really shake the feeling that you just insulted me in some subtile way by phrasing your reply like you did. You know, you could have just told us instead of making us hunt for the information on google. That would have been the more nice thing to do. Even so, I also feel I must thank you for your input. Should I be grateful or offended?
Probably some of both. and I'm pretty sure he feels intellectually above ALL of us in this thread, not just you. So, don't worry you keep good company.

Quote:
EDIT AGAIN: So the name 86 doesn't have enything to do with angle at all does it? Then what does the name come from? Does that mean the phantom 86grip has an angle that is most like the cz75 handgun grip angle and that the 86 grips that CCM has on their markers is much altered but still use the same type of grip panel as the CZ75. I don't own a CCM marker, so please don't assume I know stuff that you CCM owners take for granted. Think of me as stupid, when you explain things to me and we'll avoid all missunderstandings in the future.
I know nothing about the cz75. So I can't compare it to the phantom frame.

I do not own a CCM marker. -But- from what I can see in pictures the a/c 86* grip is 86 degrees (or very close). The phantom 86 grip is actually less than 86 degrees, but the 86 name stuck because it was similar to the 86* a/c grip.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #26 (permalink)
68 Cal Junkie

"cz75 - google is your friend" would have been a friendlier post?

Yea I thought the IQ level was drooping some, dipping into the subtleties of what grips did and didnt fit, why the 86 degree angle wasnt actually 86 degrees, and even "86 degrees would be forward pointing" at one point.

some examples:
Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to me like the 86grip for phantom isn't 86 degree angle at all. Is it called 86grip mainly because it takes the same panels as a "real" 86frame or is it really an 86 degree angle?
and
Quote:
86 degrees is nearly 90 degrees that would mean it would point slitgtly forward.
followed by lots of incorrect information from other posters.

In my estimation this thread is only missing one "your mama" joke, the word "noob", and a sexually based internet meme away from achieving total PBN status.

truth:
86 degree frame was called such due to it being 4 degrees canted backwards from completely vertical.
What is called an 86 degree frame, in reference to grip frqames that are not angled to CCM's 86 degree angle, is a cz75 gripframe that retains the orignial grip compatibility of the cz75 pistol.
the "whatever version" that doesnt fix x grip is due to errors in machining in either the gripframe or the grip itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agglet View Post
Vampirism is no joke get tested.
spymongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
oh, the ironing....

That one word ought to bring the intelligence level of this thread go up to acceptable MCB standards

???

a) bad sentence
b) mean sentence

edit: as I do not own a phantom, or any nelson, one might wonder why I have come to this thread? The thread was reported. Be polite, be an adult, or don't post.

Last edited by Mar; 05-08-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Mar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
One Pump Chump

Fan of EMR
Kilt Fan
I have owned jcurt's 90, ccm's 86, and cci's 45. Thoughts on each coming from someone with large hands; vsc setup
jcurt : as a pistol grip it is horrid. using a stock it is perfect. Acts somewhat like a zgrip making your elbow stay tight to your body.

Ccm : my favorite, works well as pistol or rifle. But very small, pinky hangs off in pistol.

Cci : best as a pistol, but still good as a rifle. If you like aftermarket grips this is the way to go.

Personal thoughts is ccm looks the best in a vsc setup since the angle of the grip and changer are almost paralel.

Currently own jcurts and will keep using it on my setup with L stock. My next phantom build is a pistol and I will be using a cci 45 just to be able to use some nice 1911 grips.

Pardon me if this makes little sense, typing on my phone while on painpills..
cirkle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #29 (permalink)

I have used the stock CCI 45, JCurt 90* and an RTR Grip Frame. The RTR with Palm Swells is by far my favorite. The JCurt was too small for my hands, and the cci 45, while functional, just wasn't as comfortable.

I vote for the RTR.
BassDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #30 (permalink)
One Pump Chump

Fan of EMR
Kilt Fan
The rtr does look nice, some day I will try it. One question for you. the the vertical milling for grip on the back I think it is.. Sorry haven't looked at one lately.. is that annoying to clean? it just looks like paint etc would/could build up in there..
cirkle68 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI