mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 05-02-2012, 02:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Chewy View Post
While on the velocity adjuster or bolt subject. Do you guys know why Mike designed the tpc so that you need a special tool for it? That is the one thing that i like\love about the asp design, you can use a hex tool to adjust your velocity. It seems that he wants to do the same thing with the revolution but this is just out of curiosity.
It's kind of a common design, the Kingman Hammers use the slot design to adjust velocity, among others. It was probably more convenient at the time to go with what others were doing, even if CCI was the first to do so. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
Summer's a-commin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Chewy View Post
While on the velocity adjuster or bolt subject. Do you guys know why Mike designed the tpc so that you need a special tool for it? That is the one thing that i like\love about the asp design, you can use a hex tool to adjust your velocity. It seems that he wants to do the same thing with the revolution but this is just out of curiosity.
My understanding was he originally used an open tpc, like the kind ASP sells, and it used the long hex rod that still comes with phantoms today to adjust velocity. He moved to a venturi type tpc as it is gentler on paint (i.e. paintballs won't get blown apart by a direct blast of CO2). The venturi type tpc was designed with a slot face for adjustment, so he had the plastic piece made that goes on the end of the hex adjustment rod - which he was already using.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobyrne View Post
My understanding was he originally used an open tpc, like the kind ASP sells, and it used the long hex rod that still comes with phantoms today to adjust velocity. He moved to a venturi type tpc as it is gentler on paint (i.e. paintballs won't get blown apart by a direct blast of CO2). The venturi type tpc was designed with a slot face for adjustment, so he had the plastic piece made that goes on the end of the hex adjustment rod - which he was already using.
This.

I've come to find the style is more gentler on the balls. Not blasting apart every other ball you shoot can be a fine tuning process with the open tpc but with some patience you can squeeze out the performance you desire.

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI