mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCI (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/cci/)
-   -   ASP detent mod? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/cci/215041-asp-detent-mod.html)

dragon1291 10-02-2012 05:20 PM

ASP detent mod?

Whats the average turnaround time for an ASP detent mod?

toymachine 10-02-2012 07:20 PM

probably has some bodies with it done already in stock. otherwise it would depend. sometimes ASP's turnaround is <7 days. Other times 3x that. Get in touch and chat - he's good about email and very professional all-around (but thanks to a "real" job very busy at times): haveblue@airsoldier.com

Falcon16 10-02-2012 07:28 PM

just buy a body with it already done it's less work and haveblue is a good guy who gives top notch CS :)

dragon1291 10-02-2012 07:57 PM

I would rather not be stuck with an extra phantom body just laying around.

I'll be emailing him shortly. Maybe I can do a trade in or something.

toymachine 10-03-2012 01:41 PM

Yea, I'd just buy a new body. But I like having extra junk floating around (one never knows when stuff will come in handy). Anyways, he's great, as was noted. Again, if he's busy you're looking at 1-2 month turn around (from when your shipping date). So keep that in mind. If you mind that long wait, and he's busy (usual), just buy the new body.

georgeyew 10-09-2012 03:08 PM

I don't know if I am too late to respond. I sent in 3 bodies last fall for the detent mod. He received the bodies on Friday and was able to get them out the door on Monday and in my hands by Thursday. So very fast turn around for me.

idkfa 10-09-2012 05:55 PM

^Keep in mind that Air Soldier Products is more of a hobby for Blue. Turnaround can (understandably) vary considerably depending on his personal life.

Have Blue 10-09-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idkfa (Post 2499366)
^Keep in mind that Air Soldier Products is more of a hobby for Blue. Turnaround can (understandably) vary considerably depending on his personal life.

Ain't that the truth - snapped the axle housing on my truck the other weekend, and had to quick hunt for a new ride. Plus, the day job has me wondering where my summer went.

As noted, it's a hobby business, and as such my turnaround times can be spotty. However, if I know that somebody wants to send in a body for a detent mod, emailing me beforehand to see what my workload is like is _always_ helpful, as I can try to plan ahead to get a breech back out to a customer in short order.

Fast, good, cheap... You know which one I can't always do! However, locals in southeast WI can certainly drop by the shop if they arrange a time with me, and I can do detent mods while-you-wait!

Legolas 10-09-2012 09:10 PM

^^^Road Trip to WI!!!!!!!!!!!

How many of us can we organize into a flash mob to appear on HB's door step, all on one knee, holding aloft sacred, undrilled, glistening cci bodies waiting to be anointed with asp detents?

Hobbes 10-09-2012 09:13 PM

lol