mcarterbrown.com

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 02-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
-

Send a message via AIM to psychosplinter Send a message via Yahoo to psychosplinter

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
I'm really partial to the Desert T1 kit. Haven't had any experience with the others.

"There isn't much that I feel I need, a solid soul and the blood I bleed."
psychosplinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
how did you install your Desert kit? im having trouble screweing in a compression elbow and when i get it screwed in (after a lot of force) its still leaking from where it connects to the vertical ASA (Not hardline and compression screw).
StockClassPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Pumps in the Woods

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
What options are there these days for undercocking kits? I know that at some point Mike made his own, but since his website hasn't been updated in years, there's no mention of it there. I know Rainman makes one...and there are ones listed as "out of stock" on Airsoldier. I just need to know what the options are and what the differences would be between them.
I would suggest picking up the blem kit Rainman he has in the misc. sub forum right now, You're not out the regular $65 because its only $45.

Like i said earlier in the thread I love both of my Rainman kits and i would recommend them to anyone with a phantom.

EDIT: Here is the link

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Make (your attacker) advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but he’s gonna have to beat me to death with it, ‘cause it’s going to be empty." Clint Smith

volunteer paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
-

Send a message via AIM to psychosplinter Send a message via Yahoo to psychosplinter

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockClassPunk View Post
how did you install your Desert kit? im having trouble screweing in a compression elbow and when i get it screwed in (after a lot of force) its still leaking from where it connects to the vertical ASA (Not hardline and compression screw).
Mine was a seamless install, no problems. Make sure you're screwing in the correct side of your elbow (the flanged out side should go into the VA).

"There isn't much that I feel I need, a solid soul and the blood I bleed."
psychosplinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #15 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychosplinter View Post
Mine was a seamless install, no problems. Make sure you're screwing in the correct side of your elbow (the flanged out side should go into the VA).
Im probably gonna put some loctite on it and hopefully that will solve the problem because im getting real tired of taking apart my hardline :P
Old 02-20-2013, 02:04 AM   #16 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

my install was no problem also. if anything I may have used teflon tape, but loctite is superior as long as it is applied appropriately.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #17 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Yah i just put some loctite and tried putting it on again, gonna give the loctite 24 hours to fully set and then air it up and see what happens. i really love the feel of the DT1 but if i cant get it to work then ill just throw my rainman on it.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockClassPunk View Post
Is the leak coming from the top hole where you mount it to the frame? That hole was drilled to far and breaks through to the air passage. To fix this, I used loc tite and a short set screw to seal the air passage off. I can't imagine it would be leaking, but if that is in fact where the leak is coming from, take the screw out and try another round of loc tite.

Sorry that you are having that issue as it is something I thought was pretty much resolved before the kits got sent out.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #19 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
Is the leak coming from the top hole where you mount it to the frame? That hole was drilled to far and breaks through to the air passage. To fix this, I used loc tite and a short set screw to seal the air passage off. I can't imagine it would be leaking, but if that is in fact where the leak is coming from, take the screw out and try another round of loc tite.

Sorry that you are having that issue as it is something I thought was pretty much resolved before the kits got sent out.
The leak was coming from where you screw in the compression elbow, i guess it was getting around the threads. i put a nice coat of loctite on the the compression elbow and tried again and this time i had no leaks.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #20 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Picture Time
On my open class phantom. currently ordering a new on/off asa but just use your imagination.

Compared to my other phantom thats stock.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI