mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 03-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Lelands leak in my quick changer

Right now i have 2 brands of co2 powerlets at my disposal in my store. No matter WHAT i do i cannot stop the lelands from leaking. The other brand i have available are the kee ones. I do notice there is a big difference in the lips on the top of the 12 grams with the Lovely Coconuts being very flat and the kee having like a step.

Ive changed the puncture seal twice in my quick changer and besides that i dont have any solutions. Has anyone else had a similar problem?
Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
AKA "BlackGates-5"

It's leaking using a CCI bucket changer correct? I've been using a 113 size oring in the bottom of my RTR bucket changer for the exact same problem with lelands. Guess they're just a little short. It props them up enough to puncture and seal properly. And the 113 is just tight enough in the bucket that it doesn't fall out during 12-ie changes.

If you're referring to a drop out changer however, then this doesn't apply. Hope that helps!
O-RINGS FOR SALE (EVERY SIZE! ANY QTY!): http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...110-115-a.html

My Feedback:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
short304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by short304 View Post
It's leaking using a CCI bucket changer correct? I've been using a 113 size oring in the bottom of my RTR bucket changer for the exact same problem with lelands. Guess they're just a little short. It props them up enough to puncture and seal properly. And the 113 is just tight enough in the bucket that it doesn't fall out during 12-ie changes.

If you're referring to a drop out changer however, then this doesn't apply. Hope that helps!
I was having this trouble last weekend with crossman 12s. Some leaked a lot, a few not at all. I was over tightening the bucket to try to get it to stop. It is a real pain when you are playing a large field with varying times between shots; you don't know how many shots you have left after a several minutes.

I shall try a little delrin spacer in there. Thanks!

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I was having this trouble last weekend with crossman 12s. Some leaked a lot, a few not at all. I was over tightening the bucket to try to get it to stop. It is a real pain when you are playing a large field with varying times between shots; you don't know how many shots you have left after a several minutes.

I shall try a little delrin spacer in there. Thanks!
Yea someone used a great example when switching between 12 grams. "Constantly switching 12 grams is like letting your fat cousin wear your socks" Eventually they wont fit you anymore. A change in puncture seal should remedy this.

I did however just have a problem with a phantom i purchased this week brand new. The bucket on the changer is a TAD to deep and will leak reguardless of the type of 12 gram inserted. Ive been in contact with Mike and he is swapping it out with my weekly order. Great customer service like always from CCI.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Paintballs Drunk Uncle

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
IIRC different length 12ies between brands, and with some even in the same brand, was one of the main reasons PPS gave for discontinuing their in body dropout changers.
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Someone ban that painthappy dude
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmtnphantom View Post
IIRC different length 12ies between brands, and with some even in the same brand, was one of the main reasons PPS gave for discontinuing their in body dropout changers.
I remember that discussion too. That's why I'm not in a huge hurry to change my bucket permanently. After the game, I came back here looking for the solution since everything else looked right. This all makes sense.

What I want to do is have extra tightening room and become good enough to set it just right to seal.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I remember that discussion too. That's why I'm not in a huge hurry to change my bucket permanently. After the game, I came back here looking for the solution since everything else looked right. This all makes sense.

What I want to do is have extra tightening room and become good enough to set it just right to seal.
Mike suggested a number 16 (i believe o-ring) in the bottom of the changer to create some space to give it that additional twist needed to stop any unwanted leaks
Old 03-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Pauly give me a day or 2 & I will solve your problem.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I have a CCI bucket on my Dukie frame and a RTR bucket on my Buzzard and I only use Lelands. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because, I have yet to have any problems with the 12 grams not sealing properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredxcam View Post
Always. This is like an old folks home
My Feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html My link sucks. This is why I operate a CNC machine instead of program one.
Wildgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

My cci is fine, my brand new rtr that I have the little washer shims in it has never worked.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI