mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 05-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
South African pump player

Odd ball - Phantom

Hi guys i have been meaning to post this up, but never got round to do it. Now my Phantom is a peculiar odd ball.

Silver VSC Phantom
11" freak bored barrel
ASP body
SSC Fluted hammer and polished bolt
CCI undercocking kit.

Now the fun starts. I have tried a sideline palmer stab setup. It was heavier and a 12 gram pig (even at 400psi that chrono's 280fps). Converted it back to VSC because I like VSC for its lack of weight and it seems more efficient. I changed my stock powertube for a Lapco 6# and the same results. I get less shots than my stock powertube.

So my question is did anyone else experience something similar or not? I am at a loss for words. Am I doing something wrong or is it just that my Phantom has specific taste?
Old 05-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Imho is the regulator or powertube with bigger ID not guarantee of better efficiency. Both can help but I can hurt likewise.

When you do not having optimal dwell for the given airflow, then you will have bigger velocity with bigger flow, but generally lower efficiency than with the lower airflow - with bigger flow there will be entlarged even the air consuption in the less efficient part of the dwell. In the most cases when you raising flow you need reduce the dwell.

Regulator can be easy way how stabilise the velocity, set the optimal velocity / find the optimal pressure for the given setup. But it is not magic solution of all problems.

So imho you should use stronger valve spring with the new PT which has bigger ID. With the reg it can be in many things...
3022 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI