mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 07-11-2017, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Dumb question! Phantom-compatible frames!? and advice on removing sear roll pin plz

I know that what makes a Phantom unique from other pump guns is the frame, which Mike Casady designates as the foundation of the whole gun and which has the serial # put on it

But I'm wondering if there are other frame adapter rails, frames, that fit the body and valvebody receivers or has matching spacing to the Phantom, and I guess, what sear to go with it ?

While I'm on this subject

Question #2 How the hell do you remove the CCI hammer sear roll pin? Bacci's video makes it look easy with his time-lapse magic
I'm struggling to get a good grip on the hammer to do it and the roll pin ain't moving even when I tap it with a nail that has had its sharp point trimmed

Thank you and I sorry if this question is dumb
The old Phantom prototype uses a Crosman frame with I guess a custom frame adapter rail
What else is there out there that can be put together

Thanks
I. Win. Every. Game. Like, every single game. In paintball, there's winners and there's renters. I'm a winner. I need to teach these scared youngsters who's boss, and they know at the end of the day. I want them to tell mommy (who just dropped $200 for the kids to play) that some older kid absolutely rek'ed the field every single game. I digress, winning is not just on the field, it's off the field. I have 16 goggle straps and use a barrel swab as a barrel blocking device.
#seriously
I am Phantom ID 37282

George Liquor: "In order to learn discipline, you must learn to misbehave."

Beedfack

~ Money is blood turned into paper to keep you away from silver and Russia away from oil ~
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 04:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Use the proper sized pin punch to remove the hammer sear roll pin instead of a sharpened nail.
balrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

RTR gargoyle frames
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Stock Classy

The USI Raider frame works as well.
Gargophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by balrog View Post
Use the proper sized pin punch to remove the hammer sear roll pin instead of a sharpened nail.

I recently bought a roll pin punch set, worth every penny. It's a very big improvement over a flat punches on roll pins. Wish I'd had them sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Thank you all for your helpful advices

I'll probably head down to Harbor Freight or Home Depot shortly to take care of the sear pin with an appropriate-sized punch or set
I. Win. Every. Game. Like, every single game. In paintball, there's winners and there's renters. I'm a winner. I need to teach these scared youngsters who's boss, and they know at the end of the day. I want them to tell mommy (who just dropped $200 for the kids to play) that some older kid absolutely rek'ed the field every single game. I digress, winning is not just on the field, it's off the field. I have 16 goggle straps and use a barrel swab as a barrel blocking device.
#seriously
I am Phantom ID 37282

Beedfack

~ Money is blood turned into paper to keep you away from silver and Russia away from oil ~
Old 07-17-2017, 02:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

While you're there, pick up a small soft faced mallet. They make ones with replaceable tips of various materials. They're great for working on smaller parts you don't want to mar.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

I have a rubber mallet, kind of standard-looking - is that good enough or do I need a specific kind
#seriously
I am Phantom ID 37282

Beedfack

Old 07-17-2017, 03:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

I suggested that since you were going to the tool store, it isn't mandatory. I was describing a much smaller striking tool with the replaceable faces an inch in diameter or less. Easier to control when working on smaller pieces than using a heavier claw or ball peen hammer.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
Returning to the field

To keep the thing from moving, I actually have put the sear in the vise with the hammer free above the vise. Works great.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
flyweightnate is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI