mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 10-25-2017, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Freak XL Phantom Barrels

Does anyone know if these will be available?
MK64Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK64Drifter View Post
Does anyone know if these will be available?
SSC is boring for XL Freaks

https://stanchy.com

Pricing
https://stanchy.com/pages/freak-boring

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box; 10-25-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mod Fodder

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
If you call CCI, Mike would probably tell you

Edit: Ninja'd! There you go

Feedback

Quote:
Halogen, the lights will flicker
Incandescent burning lies
And the silence stands for nothing
Desperate, I search the skies
Aching for a spark
Trembling in pitchest dark
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box View Post
be careful: Ryan's reliability is questionable at best.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I think the XL freak incerts are snake oil anyway. But he's been very reliable recently. New website is easier to navigate. So far I haven't heard any of the issues he has had in the past. He makes some cool tools specific for paintball that are great. I have purchased a few things from him that are in stock and have never had an issue. ASA vice grip, valve tool, 10 round speed feed adapter to fill tubes off a Revvy, CCM to Empire adapter collar for a spring feed. Haven't had barrels bored but I know people that have recently and had good turn around and a quality job. But I know others have had issues in the past. Seems like he's making good on projects.

I don't know of anyone doing the XL Freak other then him.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box View Post
I think the XL freak incerts are snake oil anyway. But he's been very reliable recently. New website is easier to navigate. So far I haven't heard any of the issues he has had in the past. He makes some cool tools specific for paintball that are great. I have purchased a few things from him that are in stock and have never had an issue. ASA vice grip, valve tool, 10 round speed feed adapter to fill tubes off a Revvy, CCM to Empire adapter collar for a spring feed. Haven't had barrels bored but I know people that have recently and had good turn around and a quality job. But I know others have had issues in the past. Seems like he's making good on projects.

I don't know of anyone doing the XL Freak other then him.
I've been unable to get him to re-thread 12x phantom barrels to freak fronts since August 2nd. He's taking work. He's doing work. Just not my work and I'm not sure why since I have emailed and asked him nicely several times. I think it is one of those projects that is undesirable to do/time consuming so he's bagging out on me. But still there is no excuse.

Probably right on the freak xl re: snake oil. but I am still tempted. iirc there are certain valve types that are more positively affected by the longer control bores. I'll probably get one of the reg freak to XL conversions to experiment with.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Mod Fodder

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
TBH I've never found regular inserts to be any more noticeably effective than good detents

Feedback

Quote:
Halogen, the lights will flicker
Incandescent burning lies
And the silence stands for nothing
Desperate, I search the skies
Aching for a spark
Trembling in pitchest dark
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I called Mike in March to ask about Freak XL barrels for Phantom. He said he had no intention of making them because he has too many types of barrels he inventories already. Maybe that'll change with time.
frd333do33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Mike said there isn't enough of a demand.
MK64Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
TBH I've never found regular inserts to be any more noticeably effective than good detents
C-bore / Freak barrels are easier on paint and more efficient then the Detent rings for sure. I couldent get Valken Redemption Pro to cycle threw my phantom untill I went to freak incerts. I can shoot anything with my phantom now without a worry.

I just don't believe making the freak bore a lil longer will have any true effect. But I will never go back to the Detent rings after using a C-bore

Legolas dident even know he offered rethreading phantom threads. Not many people can cut them. I have been looking for someone to cut them since I got a Dye Boom Stick from paintballgateway that was chopped bored and rethreded without the Oring groove. It's my faverate barrel.

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box; 10-26-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI