mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-13-2008, 02:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
gunangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Washington

grip question

I hate making a new post, but as I do not have any experience regarding the phantom grips...which would people prefer a dye sticky III or a CCM 86* for their phantom?

Thanks
gunangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Brick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007

Well the 86* is a whole new frame, personally I prefer the CCM. Stickies are good for traditional 45 frames.
__________________
MCB Feedback
TdotBallers Feedback
PaintballNation Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
Simple solution, put a big sign up that says "Honk if you love prison rape"
Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Here we go again...
 
fastev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Jose, CA

The CCM frame is hands down my favorite. I've used Stickies for a long time, but once I put the CCM frame on my Phantom, I ended up buying two extra frames (I was told they were being discontunued and wanted to make sure I had one for another Phantom). I don't like the delrin panels at all, but I have big hands. I have the CZ grips and they are great!
__________________
*feedback*
fastev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let's Go Mountaineers!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Virginia
Send a message via MSN to SHOOT3R USA

Are there any aftermarket grips for the CCM frame and will the regular CCI T-Stock work with it?

Sorry for the small thread hijack.
SHOOT3R USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Phantom Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ithaca, NY

Custom made from some exotic wood is my choice.
__________________
Feedback here on MCB:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Phantom Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
gunangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Washington

cool cool, I'm really trying to find a feel for my phantom and the grip is up next .

I think pmp sells the ccm grips with hogue grips which was what I was looking at and I assume ccm would have bottom line holes. if not they are not to hard to drill

edit:didn't see a point for a new thread so...I just reassembled my marker after cleaning and now when I shake it something moves around inside, and it is a bit harder to pump (feels like a two stage stroke) any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by gunangel; 07-14-2008 at 03:00 AM.
gunangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Brick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOT3R USA View Post
Are there any aftermarket grips for the CCM frame and will the regular CCI T-Stock work with it?

Sorry for the small thread hijack.
It will fit but the angle will be GREATLY changed. A team mate of mine bought the CCM frame and when he put his Tstock on he just plain couldn't use it due to the angle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunangel View Post
cool cool, I'm really trying to find a feel for my phantom and the grip is up next .

I think pmp sells the ccm grips with hogue grips which was what I was looking at and I assume ccm would have bottom line holes. if not they are not to hard to drill

edit:didn't see a point for a new thread so...I just reassembled my marker after cleaning and now when I shake it something moves around inside, and it is a bit harder to pump (feels like a two stage stroke) any help would be greatly appreciated
The ccm frame does have bottom holes. Also, if PMP does sell it, it would be with the CZ pistol grips, not sure if hogue's are made for them, but keep in mind they do take their own style grip.
__________________
MCB Feedback
TdotBallers Feedback
PaintballNation Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
Simple solution, put a big sign up that says "Honk if you love prison rape"
Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Red=Moderator
 
Schmitti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Albany. NY

I do believe that Hogue has wrap around and panels for the CZ grip frame. They probably have wooden wrap arounds also... but those will be upwards of $80. The pebbled rubber grips should be in the $20-30 range. The rubber grips would be my preference for my sweaty palms.

I still prefer the stock M16-like grip frame for phantoms though.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Brick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
I do believe that Hogue has wrap around and panels for the CZ grip frame. They probably have wooden wrap arounds also... but those will be upwards of $80. The pebbled rubber grips should be in the $20-30 range. The rubber grips would be my preference for my sweaty palms.

I still prefer the stock M16-like grip frame for phantoms though.

E
Ah, I knew rubbers were made CZ style, my knowledge of grips (especially firearms stuff) is rather limited unfortunetly. I agree completely on the M16 comment!
__________________
MCB Feedback
TdotBallers Feedback
PaintballNation Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
Simple solution, put a big sign up that says "Honk if you love prison rape"
Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
gunangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Washington

meh, the pmp site says hogue grips but frankly I really don't know the difference. thanks for the input all
gunangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC