mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   Curious thing I noticed (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/128253-curious-thing-i-noticed.html)

kruger 07-22-2010 04:46 PM

Curious thing I noticed

I have recently gotten into the pump play. Loving it. I own several pumps and recently got a S6.5 and really liking the way that it shoots. Now, I have traded for a T2, and its on the way so I will get to try one of these out. But, I have noticed that there are a lot of T2's on the market right now. Not just on these boards, but several others as well. Not as many S6's as there are T2's for trade or sale. Now, of the pumps that I have, none shoot so bad that I am looking to get rid of it. And, the T2 is new enough that, unless they are really crappy, not enough time to really break it in to see if it is a keeper or not. Is there a specific reason for this, or am I missing something here? I have always been impressed with CCM products and have yet to find a lemon with any of them. But, to me the T2 is still a pump gun, purpose built to do one thing, pump play. And, the styling is such that, to me, its sorta like chicken livers, you either like them or you dont. And, if it is the styling that people are not happy with, then why get it in the first place, just to trade it off? Or is there some flaw that nobody is willing to talk about? One that renders it just above unplayable? Not a hater here, just noting a trend that I have seen.

Foyle 07-22-2010 05:02 PM

The 6.5 is newer, and so the gunwhoring will commence. Natures law.

Spoon 07-22-2010 05:06 PM

Yeah, there's the gun whoring and the fact that CCM has actually sold more T2's than S6's so you are bound to see more of them on the market. They are great shooters but some people may just not like how they look or feel once they get them in person. No big conspiracy methinks...

SPC. Cejka 07-22-2010 05:25 PM

I have never owned a s6 or 6.5 but my T2 never fails me and I have never had a problem with them. So I agree that gun whoring is a big contributer

crazyorigin 07-22-2010 06:23 PM

The 6.5 came out recently, as i am sure you know having had one already, and many people who loke how compact the T2 is, and the S6 was a huge secess in styling IMO, they are beautifull. I think many of the most recent T2 sales are just whoring people do for the latest marker. I have ordered a 6.5, love my T2, and S6, the 6.5 is like the perfect blend of them both. The compactness of the T2 w/ S6 styling thrown into the mix.

A new gun hits the market and..... "Thats when the whores come in!" -Old lady in the business meeting on Tommy Boy, one of the best movie monents period.

kruger 07-22-2010 07:31 PM

Wasnt really thinking conspiracy, was just looking for an answer to a trend. I personally am very happy with the marker that I have. Did a lot of research before I got it and decided that the 6.5 was just about what I wanted. Looked really hard at the T2 but leaned more toward the 6.5. Whoring does account for some of the markers, but, I think that would not explain what seems like more than I should think should be available this early in the T2's life. Not that I am complaining about it, I picked up one on a trade.

Mayvik 07-22-2010 07:40 PM

I have an S6P and a T2. The T2 is for my girlfriend. The T2 is very nice, but I prefer the S6 as it's a little more..substantial...feeling.

shadawg 07-22-2010 07:43 PM

Well if anything, pump has seen a large resurgence in the past 3 years. Large enough that it has passed from underground to mainstream and thus on to the radar of quite a few trend whore agglets. Not to say that getting pump into the main stream is a bad thing, as it keeps our good friends at CCM gainfully employed in a down market. That being said, some of the trend whores are on to the crest of whatever the new trend is, whether it be baking their $1800 luxes in mom's oven or auto erotic asphyxiation with silly bands. They need that cash to ride the crest of the trend, and so some get in and out quickly. Some others find that pump play isn't their cup of tea, or that the T2 isn't the right fit for them. Hell, I enjoy my S5 way more than I did my S6 so I sold it. In the end much like haters gonna hate, Hoes gonna hoe.

Silver 07-22-2010 07:44 PM

You have to remember the T2 has been out for a little over a year now. They have out sold the S6 and people are always buying and selling markers. Nothing wrong with the T2 at all. My go to killing machine.

EgoPossum 07-23-2010 09:36 AM

One of the comments that I heard from Rod regarding the T2 is that it is more a finesse shooter's gun then the S6/J2L for the simple fact that the guide rod system on the T2 is a little looser feeling then the S6/J2L.
Now I own a T2 and I love it. Compared to my friends' S6s (they have the green/purple twins) it does have a little more "twisty" play when you rotate the pump handle.
Do I mind it: NO. Does it hurt feelings and eliminate bad guys: HELL YEA!
The T2, up until the S6.5 came out, was the "new" thing from CCM and has gotten alot of attention from the gun whores everywhere and alot of people have bought it on the fact that it is the "new hotness" from CCM.
If you are thinking of buying one, try one out first and see if it is the right fit for your playing style is the best hint that I can give you