mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 08-19-2010, 08:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

leaking out the new fittings

I had the new fittings installed on my brand new t2 and the one installed by ccm on the reg leaks. i cant figure out why and i left the macro line long so its not its cut to short i really don't want to send it in to have ccm look at but im at a loss please help me.
pballer8793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
AKA...The Gobbler!

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pballer8793 View Post
I had the new fittings installed on my brand new t2 and the one installed by ccm on the reg leaks. i cant figure out why and i left the macro line long so its not its cut to short i really don't want to send it in to have ccm look at but im at a loss please help me.
Where is is leaking from? If it is from the fitting, remove the button head screw and place a drop of oil on the o-ring. Be sure to push the macro line in as far as it will go. Also, check the end of the macro line to insure that is cut flush and not at an angle. Mine had a little resistance that appeared to be all the way in, but a little more force it went in an 1/8" more. Lastly, be sure you threaded the fitting in as far as it will go using loctite, megalock or something to seal it.
Tbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
You can give them a call and I am sure they will walk you through fixing it. They are pretty straightforward.

If you don't want to wait, it's pretty simple. It's one screw, the piece that the macro goes into and a threaded bit that goes into the reg.

If you unscrew the small screw you can pull the macro fitting straight off of the threaded part. Just pull in the same direction as the screw you just took out. It may take a little bit of wiggling and pulling.

You will be left with the last piece threaded into the reg. Stick a small allen key through the holes to unscrew it. Put a little thread lock on it, screw it back in, slip the macro fitting back over it and then the screw (with a little thread lock). There's also one (maybe two) o-ring(s) somewhere in the setup. Just check them out and make sure they are in good shape.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Baby Whale Blowhole Punch

CCM Fan
My friend had a similar problem, he found that it was just that the heat from the UPS truck that deleivered it had melted the loctite and broken the seal. Granted we live in Arizona so it could be a very different case for you if you dont live in a hot area.

Stinkiinki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

thanks all. i will try these ideas it feels like it blows the air straight down along the line. The gun will fire but the leak it is a very fast leaks.

Last edited by pballer8793; 08-20-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Brother - We have to work on your grammar and punctuation. I have a REALLY hard time following what you are trying to say when you type like this is a run on sentence text message.

Please put some periods and comma's in there, explain where it is leaking from, and perhaps a picture and we can help more. As it stands right now, we know you have a leak at the fitting on the reg but we have no idea where at on the fitting, or what it looks like.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

SO sorry about the grammar. It leaks out the bottom where the line goes in. I made sure the macro line was flush across the top and pushed it in as far as it would go. Air does go into the reg and the gun fires. I suck at photo shop or editing to make it clear where air is coming from would a video work? i Have tired oiling the the o-ring and jamming the macro in farther with no luck, and have not tried to remove the fitting yet because I am hoping for some idea besides that to come along. Video will be up before the end of the day.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
suns out guns out

Send a message via AIM to freebird

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkiinki2 View Post
My friend had a similar problem, he found that it was just that the heat from the UPS truck that deleivered it had melted the loctite and broken the seal. Granted we live in Arizona so it could be a very different case for you if you dont live in a hot area.
TEAM CAPTAIN - UPSTATE HATE
HORNETS NEST PAINTBALL
MCB Feedback
AO Feedback

Hillbilly death machine.
Fuel'd by Diesel fuel, Miller High Life, Gunpowder, and Red Meat.
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mel
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Give us a call direclty:
1-877-412-6850
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Blue resistance movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkiinki2 View Post
My friend had a similar problem, he found that it was just that the heat from the UPS truck that deleivered it had melted the loctite and broken the seal.
Was the truck on fire ?

It puts the hands in the air or it gets the paint again.
Rickfactor2 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM