mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   Works LPR internals vs. CCM externals/ Works history. (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/132072-works-lpr-internals-vs-ccm-externals-works-history.html)

Scandalon 08-25-2010 01:35 AM

Works LPR internals vs. CCM externals/ Works history.

Hey all, this is my first post here, I tried searching for anything similar, but...this may be a tad convoluted:

I have a "Works" cocker, which I know CCM did most (all?) the work for. This would have been several years before DPM bought CCM, so I don't know how much involvement they would have had. Anyway, I was recently dismayed to discover my LPR had been bent/sheared off!:censored: (Threads are still in the front-block.) I'd really like to keep as much of the works parts as possible, anyone know if the cap and/or internals would fit, say, a J2 era LPR? (I took it by the shop today and Melissa said she didn't think they had anything as their LPR's are all different now.) Or should I just bite the bullet, swap in some other LPR and look for an old Works LPR in the future?

P.S. Is "Works" short for VaporWorks? Or is it a different thing? I don't really know much about that part it's lineage, only that CCM did the work for, er, Works.

tomA 08-25-2010 10:16 PM

LPR

I am not an expert but I have a couple of works autocockers. The earliest works had Macdev LPRs. There are several of those new on ebay for $29.00 in chrome and black,
They then went to CCM LPRs . I do not know if they have changed their LPR but they have CCM LPRs on their ebay store now for 69.00. If you look around here and Custom cockers you can find one used.

I bought a new LPR and ram from CCM rather than buy used because they stand behind what they sell 100% ,will answer all my stupid questions when I call Mel all confused, and give great customer service.

Post up a picture when you get it together. I think their hinge frame is as good as any and their slider is better than most. Good luck

Scandalon 08-26-2010 02:48 PM

Thanks - obviously I can always slap any LPR on there, I was just trying to keep it as close to original as well, and was hoping to not have to spend the full price for a new CCM/Whatever. (And the "W" logo on the end cap just looks good, too. ;)

P.S. I live in Redding 10 minutes from CCM/DPM, knew "Mel" before she worked for them, did an interview with Chipley that was published in PB2X and have shot and been shot by him many times...you don't have to try and convince me of their quality. :P

CCM CHICK 08-31-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scandalon (Post 1446388)
m CCM/DPM, knew "Mel" before she worked for them

Aww, the good ole field days.... Good times but I am glad they are in the past.
:)

I will keep an eye out for an old Works LPR for you and it was great seeing you last week.