mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 02-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. PhunkyPants View Post
I guess the main question I'd have is whether you handle the pump stroke on the T2 differently.

User technique is going to have a big impact on likelihood of double feeds!
yes, 15% is my fault like double feeds but another 85% i am innocent to pump stroke properly. perhaps, pump stroke can't handle the autotriggering style?
buzzdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzdragon View Post
thank everyone for advice. video helps me too so i will try that one too on the tension.

back to lancest,
wow, you are only one has no issues. ok, let me ask you a question before i am in right direction to do some test on sizing. is your paint brittle like tournament grade paints or cheap paints (hard shell and decent size) for rental gun. i used tournament grade paints.
I've used Nelson Anarchy, their tourney grade paint, RPS All Star and Premium, and last time out Evil. I generally will blow test 20 or so balls to determine what sizer to use. I don't crazy underbore, just enough to stop rollouts. I never looked at the pressure settings of the rotor but it works fine in an electro.

How are your detent. It could be possible that it is worn down and not working properly, allowing the balls to slightly roll forward.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Secret SWAT Team

Send a message via AIM to ChaplainBane Send a message via MSN to ChaplainBane Send a message via Yahoo to ChaplainBane

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzdragon View Post
http://images.us.viewbook.com/43edde...53c3_large.jpg

then why geo2 could achieve with dye rotor that t2 could not achieve with dye rotor on mine?
The Geo2 has has a breakbeam sensor to keep the bolt from coming forward until a ball is loaded. The T2 doesn't operate on a circuit board that keeps the breech from closing. Also, the T2 is a closed bolt marker (meaning the gun won't fire until the bolt is forward) the Geo is an open bolt (the marker uses air to drive the bolt forward to fire, so it's firing sequence starts with the bolt back.) So ball chop and double feeding are more common with the t2 because you are determining how long the breech stays open, instead of letting the circuit board decide. Double feeding may be a detent issue since the rotor is tension activated, your detent may be worn down so the tension on the rotor isn't achieved because it is feeding past the detent.

"I have alot of filthy habits. Most of which I find enjoyable" -Willie Nelson as Doc Holliday
Blazer #003
Typhoon #579
ChaplainBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Closer to home.....

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmag11 View Post
Never chopped or double fed on my T2, but my J2L double feeds all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancecst View Post
I use a rotor on my T2 with no issues.
X3 for using my Rotor on the T2 with no issues.

My Feedback: Here on MCB BigEvilOnline Automags.org PaintBallNation

Last edited by Zondo; 02-18-2012 at 09:15 PM. Reason: :p
Zondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #15 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I had serious double-feeding issues with my Rotor, which lead to the switch to the Proto Primo - still keep the Rotor around, but I can do without the extra weight.

"Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

"If you can't do something smart, do something right."
LoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I've used my Rotor numerous times on my CCMs and have never had a problem. Of course, I run it on rechargeable batteries (lower voltage) and with the torque adjustment screw backed out nearly to the point of falling out.

Out of curiosity, just to see what BPS feed rate it was reaching at those settings, I put it on an electro set to uncapped full-auto and was still able to sustain 20bps. Shrug.
Riddler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Toolbelt

Send a message via AIM to Abizdafuzz

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Yea, I've used my Rotor on my S6 and T2 a lot and never had an issue with it. I use All Star, DSX Gold/Silver, RPS Premium, and a few others w/o issue. I'd say its your stoke that might be a problem. I also bore match normally, but have run anything from a J&J Ceramic to a tight bore sizer Freak and nothing changes there other than roll-outs. Now, it will break paint if one ball rolls in further and then I load a second behind it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTurtle View Post
You could work for TSA. It is like a gigolo, but you get paid worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
Does it improve the pump stroke? We like to think so. Will it make you a better player,shoot straighter and further,and make impossible shots?

Only a T2 can do that.

MCB Feedback AO Feedback
Abizdafuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
Brady "B-DAZL" Coleman

CCM Fan
I use my Rotor on my 6.5 and T2 all the time... I think your issue is the low pro feed neck you have on yours...

I have the standard feed neck on both of my guns and they work with a Rotor, no problem..

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

B-Dazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
Fluffy Bunnies for life!!

CCM Fan
Sounds more like a double feed then a chop. Since you are providing the forward stroke to the bolt it is you not the gun or the hopper causing the chopping. Chances are if your auto-triggering really hard and fast the loader is double feeding or your just double pumping. When that happens one of the two balls in the chamber will just blow up and look like a chop. Check your bore sizer to make sure your not causeing too much pressure on the ball too, that is always a good start.

I use no rise feednecks on all my guns (pumps, semi's, and electro's) and haven't had an issue with choppage when using a forcefeed hopper, other then my being excitied and double pumping.

Yes, electro's have eyes so they really don't count.

Ebay Feedback
MCB Feedback
Jkoselka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
Brady "B-DAZL" Coleman

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkoselka View Post
I use no rise feednecks on all my guns (pumps, semi's, and electro's) and haven't had an issue with choppage when using a forcefeed hopper, other then my being excitied and double pumping.
Good to know! Thanks!

My comment was just a guess

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

B-Dazl is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM