mcarterbrown.com

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 07-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

You guys have to remember this was his first day out with the thing without any real testing or practice using it. I can already think of several ways to load faster, like using a butt cuff or shell holder on the stock so that you can rack the bolt back, grab a shell out of the holder, then load the new shell all in one fluid movement, instead of fishing around in pouches for your ammo.

But besides, speed isn't the point. This is a gun meant for FS so that you can reach out and touch people who think they're safely out of range. All while keeping you safely out of range of most people. It's for a completely different style of play, it's not meant to be competitive with an Ego head-to-head on a speedball field.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Phantom Lords

CCM Fan
very cool seeing how this marker is going through the stages up to this working prototype, and the modern intel guys are a great choice to hand it to for an early video.

i'd never have a need to own one of these, but i do very much appreciate that it exists!

my feedback
Reloadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
jus a fat hawaiian !!!

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
really like the look , would get one for big games .
Old 07-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
You guys have to remember this was his first day out with the thing without any real testing or practice using it. I can already think of several ways to load faster, like using a butt cuff or shell holder on the stock so that you can rack the bolt back, grab a shell out of the holder, then load the new shell all in one fluid movement, instead of fishing around in pouches for your ammo.

But besides, speed isn't the point. This is a gun meant for FS so that you can reach out and touch people who think they're safely out of range. All while keeping you safely out of range of most people. It's for a completely different style of play, it's not meant to be competitive with an Ego head-to-head on a speedball field.
Exactly.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
In 5 . . . . gogogogogogo

Well said Rogue.

Heres a quote from wikipedia, not always the best source but this sums up a sniper pretty well.

The SR1 is being created for a specific function to which its design is dead on. Just like CCM Machinist said "its a game changer"

Wiki Quote
"A sniper is a highly trained marksman who operates in one- to two-man teams which maintain close visual contact with the enemy and engages targets from concealed positions or physical distances exceeding the detection capabilities of the enemy personnel, without being detected. These sniper teams operate independently, with little combat asset support from their parent units. Snipers typically have highly selective and specialized training and possess high-precision rifles, optics and many times, sophisticated communication assets to feed valuable combat information back to their units.

In addition to marksmanship, military snipers are trained in camouflage, field craft, infiltration, reconnaissance and observation.[1] Snipers are especially effective when deployed within the terrain of urban warfare, or jungle warfare."
Dknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
Modern Intel Guy

Ya so considering I received the marker on Thursday, put it back together and shot it a bit on friday, I think I did pretty well considering the footage was taken on Saturday. I had about 2 hours of shoot time with it before taking it into action, so the 4 second load time wasn't too bad considering what the marker is designed to be used for.

I never expect to be able to shoot rounds back-to-back like an ego or even an A5 would be able to do, it's just not that type of marker. Even with my 4 second load times, I never once felt underpowered to the opposition. But i did need to know my range. The best parts of the day was staying juuust out of the range of my opponent, but my first strike rounds were hitting them just fine.
InBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
Pew Pew Pew

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
From my first strike experiences at Living Legends, follow up shots are important. The problem with first strike rounds is that while yes they are more accurate, they do deviate a lot and no 2 are right on top of where you aim.

I will stick to the Tiberius platform as a backup first strike shooter until this gets a mag fed, I LOVE the idea, but I think the magazine would make it complete. Or even stripper clips.

Sweet job on this gun!
MZinCamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by InBlack View Post
Ya so considering I received the marker on Thursday, put it back together and shot it a bit on friday, I think I did pretty well considering the footage was taken on Saturday. I had about 2 hours of shoot time with it before taking it into action, so the 4 second load time wasn't too bad considering what the marker is designed to be used for.

I never expect to be able to shoot rounds back-to-back like an ego or even an A5 would be able to do, it's just not that type of marker. Even with my 4 second load times, I never once felt underpowered to the opposition. But i did need to know my range. The best parts of the day was staying juuust out of the range of my opponent, but my first strike rounds were hitting them just fine.

I could tell by the smile on your face you were having fun.

Its not quanity of shots taken that makes it a fun game.

I think you should put a warning on your video.

CAUTION !!
May be to slow for some players.
And may not be your style of play. Watch with discretion.

“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
A Pirate's Life for Me

CCM Fan
That looks pretty awesome. I do wish it were mag fed.

I'd probably build mine shorter, but overall it's a really neat platform.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Dam it I wish I would have known you were sending it up! I would have made the trip up just to see it.

Inblack, holy crap you look like you lost a pile of weight!

Sooooo cool.
My Feedback
first strike pez dispensers in stock - pm me!
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM