mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 11-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #841 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
I have chronoed with paint just to see where I'm at but never was serious about shooting paint other than just playing around with it.And I have shot a lot of paintballs with it.

I class the rifle as a FS gun only in game play.

Anything less puts you at a disadvantage and you may as well shoot a paintball gun. The rifle is just a slow loading paintball gun with paintballs.

Just my thoughts
I agree 100%. Unfortunately due to lame FPO rules if I want to use it this weekend I'll be using paint. No biggie, I'll have FS on hand though to let some of the other guys play around with it off field.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #842 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
They rifle shoots paint very well like any other gun and you would probably do well for a few shots.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

NEW STORE http://store.chipleymachine.com/

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #843 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Why 335 ??Couldn't you have done 280?Just asking most fields are below 300.
casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #844 (permalink)
abandoned SCPer

CCM Fan
my mind is actually blown
Penarol10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #845 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
I did my testing at 295 FPS and the results were the virtually the same. With that kind of consistency, I think you're going to get good results regardless of where you benchmark it.
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #846 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
We just didn't adjust it. Its usually at 300FPS.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

NEW STORE http://store.chipleymachine.com/

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #847 (permalink)
Post Whore

It doesn't get any better than that. The fs rounds are more than perfect than paintballs butI they are 100% pperfect I imagine the small variations in fps you see there are due to the round. That and or radar chronys not be the very best you could use.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #848 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
I did my testing at 295 FPS and the results were the virtually the same. With that kind of consistency, I think you're going to get good results regardless of where you benchmark it.
Trinity, this is a great subject for your December blog, of whicbh I am quickly becoming a fan of. Particularly weight comparisons between FS rounds, white vs blue fill, white vs white, blue vs blue etc.

Bill, this is marvelous, as a stock class player I have known the advantage that sizing paint to bore has given me for quite some time. But your test eliminated the variables which showcased the consistantcy of the SR-1 regulator.

Lastly this question is for the First Strike community: has anyone sized FS rounds to determine circumference consistantcy? I am now wondering if all FS are created equal.
If not this is really where the true would be sniper might want to place some consideration when selecting rounds.
Thanks guys.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.

Last edited by DSA; 11-29-2012 at 03:09 PM.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #849 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Trinity, this is a great subject for your December blog, of whicbh I am quickly becoming a fan of. Particularly weight comparisons between FS rounds, white vs blue fill, white vs white, blue vs blue etc.

Bill, this is marvelous, as a stock class player I have known the advantage that sizing paint to bore has given me for quite some time. But your test eliminated the variables which showcased the consistantcy of the SR-1 regulator.

Lastly this question is for the First Strike community: has anyone sized FS rounds to determine circumference consistantcy? I am now wondering if all FS are created equal.
If not this is really where the true would be sniper might want to place some consideration when selecting rounds.
Thanks guys.
I could not agree more that this makes a good Blog entry and I am working on it now.

I size every first strike that goes through my gun. The difference in rounds seems to vary a bit by box. Generally I find that about 65 - 70%% of the rounds are best shot through a .686 sizer or shell. Nearly all the rest will are best matched to a .685 sizer. I size the rounds when I get them and keep them in separate containers.

With some, it's a close call between the .686 and the .685 sizer, but after you have shot a few of the close calls you just get a feel for whether a round is better being loose in the .686 or just a little tight in a .685. Then, every once in a while, you get the real oddball rounds that seems to be about .684 or even bigger than the .686 sizer. There are so few rounds like that, that I just discard them rather than try to carry a third or fourth sizer around. Oddball sized rounds can be used to just plink, but they are useless when it comes to shooting for accuracy and will appear to give you a velocity swing because they are so much bigger or smaller.

Glad you're a fan of the blog. There is a whole other discussion taking place in certain circles (like what is happening here) on real accuracy with first strike rounds that most of those playing the game aren't even aware is going on. They only get introduced to it when the paint hits their vest from 75 yards downfield.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #850 (permalink)

One additional thought. Now that I have moved to a Hammerhead barrel, my shells will no longer fit in the breach and I am using a .686 Hammerhead fin. Hammerhead doesn't seem to make the kind of fins that are the equivalent of CCM's shell sizers. The next fin down from the .686 is a .683, which I have on order. It may, however, be a bit small for my purposes. More testing I suppose. There is always one more thing to do.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM