mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 10-09-2012, 12:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
hth
Seasoned Member

Considering a ccm

Hey guys I'm considering getting a ccm (probably a used one) since I am considering playing more competitive pump paintball. I currently run two phantoms which I hope will fetch me $400+, and I have about $70 in the PayPal to add to getting a CCM, so optimistically I have $500 to get a CCM. Heck even a new CCM come February, so I can shoot the mini and 98 custom for now.

So what marker do you prefer (I know it's a personal preference but I'm buying online so I will have a hard time shooting the marker before hand).

Also if I do end up with a CCM marker (hopefully Mel you will back to me on this one) what kind of warranty should I expect?

I will ask more question as I look through the forums.
hth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Six Point Five

I shoot a s6.5 . But own a s6.. s5 and s5 mechanical.

Full warranty if ur the first buyer of the gub. None on used.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ves206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hth View Post
Hey guys I'm considering getting a ccm (probably a used one) since I am considering playing more competitive pump paintball. I currently run two phantoms which I hope will fetch me $400+, and I have about $70 in the PayPal to add to getting a CCM, so optimistically I have $500 to get a CCM. Heck even a new CCM come February, so I can shoot the mini and 98 custom for now.

So what marker do you prefer (I know it's a personal preference but I'm buying online so I will have a hard time shooting the marker before hand).

Also if I do end up with a CCM marker (hopefully Mel you will back to me on this one) what kind of warranty should I expect?

I will ask more question as I look through the forums.
CCMs are great and definitely worth the money

here is the warranty info Chipley Machine
maxearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
OLD MAN

CCM Fan
I like the T2, light, compact and a half-block. If you get a plain, dust back model like I did, you can get a new one for just over $500 and get the full warrantee ... Mel will take good care of you.
David A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. View Post
I like the T2, light, compact and a half-block. If you get a plain, dust back model like I did, you can get a new one for just over $500 and get the full warrantee ... Mel will take good care of you.
New pricing is $600 for either dusk or gloss (single color)...J12 will be out soon, if you want a 1/2 block go that route, if you want a full body, the S6 is the marker for you!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
hth
Seasoned Member

Well I want a t2, since it looks soo good. Are there any pump rod twisting issue that I should be concerned with? Or should I get the new kit that ccm is releasing and get a t handle on it?

Is the j12 the new space age one with the really short reg?

Also I've found that with phantoms you have to hold the pump handle forward for it to even shoot or at least shoot at a decent velocity, is this the same with ccm markers?
hth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
Yes hold the pump handle forward
It's part of playing pump to u hold the pump handle
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hth View Post
Well I want a t2, since it looks soo good. Are there any pump rod twisting issue that I should be concerned with? Or should I get the new kit that ccm is releasing and get a t handle on it?
Any sort of binding or twisting concern can be fully alleviated with the new Quad Rod set up. There are the two pump arms, main guide rod and new secondary guide rod. There is no way to even remotely jiggle that pump handle.

See here:
New T2 "Quad Rod" Pump Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
I don't care what anyone uses to play - just don't be a douche to your fellow players. Its the golden rule.
CCM CHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Game

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
T2 all the way man. CCM really did good with mine. I had it ordered and in my hands in less than 2 weeks. (that was when they werent busy)...I love my T2 but I'll probably sell it to get the J12 when it comes out.
pirhana92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Holding the pump handle is not necessary with a firm return spring. I run a firm return spring inside the pump handle and the pump stroke is still nice and light.

The pump twist on the t2 is very minimal and not an issue unless your very rough on them. Thst said, i would highly recommend the t grip if they offer it with the new Quad Rod kit, the t grip is my favorite.

If i had to choose just one CCM it would be my S6.5 with t grip.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM